Replacement Gas Boiler Needed

Is it true that your given so many minutes to do a job. Can someone explain how/why this is enforced when working on gas?

Sponsored Links
difference is when most customers walk into dixons they know what they want and know the salesperson is on commission. ask most of BG customers if they know that the guy servicing the boiler gets commission for selling stuff or is giving genuine advice, most will answer they thought they were getting impartial advice.

It is not enforced , reason BG can put a time to a job is unlike yourself they do 5 million jobs a year and have done for decades and time and motion used to time every aspect of the job, so they have a very good idea how long most jobs should take.

Timings can be ridiculous with BG stuff but its swings and roundabouts 20mins per rad valve(pair) etc etc. no more power flushes though, hot/cold flush and magnacleans (20mins for magna fit).

Sponsored Links
gas_man_gaz said:
MarkBarl, ya story sounds like a load of rubbish to me!

bg are prob 1of the most exspensive but generally do a really gud job.. ya best off gettin another company to give ya a quote to give ya somthing to compare it with. just make sure they fit/do all the things bg had quoted for such as the flush and install the same make/model of boiler and not a cheap un out of wickes!

I never said that BG were not good at installing, As stated in my original post I have heard of satisfied customers. Story is true, up to you if you believe it.

markbarl, not to worrie it is a common tactic to say the customer is, lying, bending the truth, does not know what he is taking about or it is just one bad apple when anyone says anything negative about bg.

i said about informed choice before and how bg can use its past and name plus its ad budget to make people think that everything that bg says is the best advice and is not misleading them.

It would appear that people are describing means to generate business, all industries are the same, its the nature of the beast.

Caveat emptor :!:

John M said:
It would appear that people are describing means to generate business, all industries are the same, its the nature of the beast.

ffs. it's not ok for joe blogs on house of horrors to do it but it's ok for a company to do it on a national scale? then give out rewards to their employees for misleading customers.

markplumb said:
John M said:

ffs. it's not ok for joe blogs on house of horrors to do it but it's ok for a company to do it on a national scale? then give out rewards to their employees for misleading customers.

Doing it is one thing ...... Getting caught is quite another :confused:

My old boiler is an E Type RS60 (series 4) balanced flue gas boiler. It also has a brand name of "Ideal Standard" on the cover. It would be useful to know if this could be repaired if it went wrong.

I will get the name of the boiler BG quoted. The cost of the new boiler was £1,750.

Yes, just the boiler quote was £1,750. I will get the name and post it here tomorrow.

Yes, just the boiler quote was £1,750. I will get the name and post it here tomorrow.

The boiler quoted is as follows:

British/Scotish Gas 532 high efficiency boiler £1,430.66.

Solution 1 Combi £ £1,706.92 (whatever this is).

plus flue/ thermostat etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back