Replacement Gas Boiler Needed

Oh I presume the Solution 1 Combi, £ £1,706.92 refers to the labour charges!

Sponsored Links
difference is when most customers walk into dixons they know what they want and know the salesperson is on commission. ask most of BG customers if they know that the guy servicing the boiler gets commission for selling stuff or is giving genuine advice, most will answer they thought they were getting impartial advice.

if a visit by a salesman is set up by an engineer the engineer gives his phone to the customer so the callcentre and the customer can arrange a date for the salesman to come round.

it takes ****ing ages because the script the callcentre has to use goes through all the info that the engineer has just given them 30 seconds before. it also includes a paragragh that states the engineer is on a commission for arranging the quote. it used to say the amount but i cant say if it still does or not.

the calls are recorded after the critcism BG went through several years ago. the customer has to answer several yes or no questions that confirm their understanding of the issue and subsequent quote.

BG customers on the whole are loathsome creatures and generally make up nonsense once it hits the fan. ive stood in peoples houses while they tell me the last engineer said this and that and didnt do this and that. they change their tune pretty ****ing quick when i point out i was the last guy there. :rolleyes:

markbarl, not to worrie it is a common tactic to say the customer is, lying, bending the truth, does not know what he is taking about or it is just one bad apple when anyone says anything negative about bg.

and this from a man who can barely put a sentence together and will routinely ignore any argument against his unfounded claims that BG will mislead everyone

Sponsored Links
Timings can be ridiculous with BG stuff but its swings and roundabouts 20mins per rad valve(pair) etc etc. no more power flushes though, hot/cold flush and magnacleans (20mins for magna fit).

is that for a contractor or a direct labour engineer doing an upgrade?

the times given for upgrades reflect the actual part you are fitting.

a rad valve may be listed as 20mins but to quote it properly it should have had a draindown pack added. that would have increased the time quite considerably. time can also be added by the hour or half hour. this is generally why BG quotes for upgrades are either very high or very low.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back