Replacement of radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to remove these 2 standard radiators:

radiators.jpg

These are located on two opposite sites of the room. I'd like to remove one of them completely, and to replace the other one with a larger, but low height radiator.

For the new radiator I have up to about 4.7 metres space:

radiator1.jpg

I have the following questions:

• Can people recommend any not too expensive low height radiators on the market? I imagine something up to 40 cm in height, the lower the better.

• The capacity of this radiator should be higher than the current two combined. How is something like this measured?

• The issue is that the pipes are bang in the middle of the space (red dots). I imagine that pieces of hose can be used as an extension, rather than re-laying the pipes. Is this correct?

Many thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
It may be advisable to get someone in to calculate the heatloss properly and do it for you because there could be alot of modifications with the pipework that you may not feel comfotable doing.

Sponsored Links
OP - there are plenty of sites which will help calculate BTU output By searching for your own stated current radiator, you'll find that the heat output will be provided in the product details.

In fact, I have found just the one for you on that sam website.

Maybe not what you had in mind though ;)

Anyway, it's a starting point. What sort of flooring do you have, since relocating the pipes under this will look better, obviously :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back