Replacing a Honywell with a sunvic tlx7501

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am replacing a 20 year old honeywell room stat with a sunvic TLX7501.

The honywell is wired as follows

Red = 1 this is live 240v
Blue = 2
Yellow = 3

I did a staight swap on the wires ie 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc but it dosen't work we set the new stat to 35c to call for heating boiler did not fire after 15 mins.

after reading the posts on here i see the sunvic is volt free so how do i connect it? do i disconnect the red or what? i am confused. we tried swapping the wires around but it went pop and the fuse to the boiler circuit and the main breaker blew, reset breaker changed fuse put the old stat back on and everything worked so no damage to the system.

i may have blown the sunvic stat but i'm not sure. i just need to know which wire to connect where, if the sunvic doesn't work i will get a new one.

can any one help? please.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Pictures of inside of old stat and instruction leaflet of new one would help.

but the7501 does not use the neautral (blue)

please see post again i had the blue and the yellow the wrong way round

Sponsored Links
Red to connection 3 yellow to 2 and don`t use blue at all snip it or disconnect it in wiring centre. but you may have blown new stat

so to be clear:

Honeywell =1 red to sunvic 3
honeywell = 3 yellow to sunvic 2

Blue make safe and leave in the wall

sunvic terminal 1 not used is that correct

cheers i'll give it a try and let you know how i get on thanks for the quick response

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back