replacing Brit Gas MultiHead 2 c/h pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,
Wondering if any one can point me in right direction. Looking to replace above pump which has 2" isolating valves either side of pump. Circulating Pumps Ltd made these pumps in three port sizes 1", 11/2", and 2". My question is this: are 2" port pumps still made or have they been "EU'd" out of existence ? Reason for asking is I don't want to drain down the whole system in order to fit 11/2" isolating valves to accommodate the more "normal " 11/2" new pumps ?
Any help/guidance appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
That pump was made for bg by myson. Replace it with a grundfos alpha (or equivelant) there should be no need to change the iso valves. Looking at your pic those iso valves are standard 1 1/2 inch bsp. Not 2 inch!

You may be making the mistake of measuring the nut on the pump isolation valve? The 1 1/2 inch refers to the diameter of the threaded part the nut screws onto.

Sponsored Links
Whilst I appreciate your imput and opinion, I DID measure across the thread of the pump port and not the nut. I've tried to upload a better pic !
As previously stated, the manufacturer assured me that the Multihead 3 was available in three sizes up to 2". They couldn't confirm if that was the case for the multihead 2 as it was discontinued years ago and they had no spec.
Original question still applies ?
Cheers

I would change the valves anyway, if they are that old they will probably only pass anyway. That way you don't need to mess about looking for odd size pumps.

Why drain down when you can bung the system and change it all in under an hour? (depends on the position of the pump of course)

Whilst I appreciate your imput and opinion, I DID measure across the thread of the pump port and not the nut. I've tried to upload a better pic !
As previously stated, the manufacturer assured me that the Multihead 3 was available in three sizes up to 2". They couldn't confirm if that was the case for the multihead 2 as it was discontinued years ago and they had no spec.
Original question still applies ?
Cheers

Those valves are 1 and 1/2 inch! Trust me ;)

If you don't believe me, then please feel free to ignore me!

Just trying to help ;)

I appreciate that you r only trying to help and you are VERY sure that the valves r 1 1/2" ! I'll get one tomorrow. :D Grunfos the best ? Again, V many thanxs

Top man - value your guidance and opinion. Was gonna go for the UPS2 - now I'll avoid it like the plague !!
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back