replacing pull cord

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?
I've recently bought a new extractor fan pull cord, i unscrewed the rose on the ceiling to reveal the mount which contains the pull cord switch. I undone this in order to replace the cord, unfortunately it dismantled before i took note of the mechanism inside and can't for the life of me get the cord correctly inserted.
Is there anyone out there who could either send a photograph of one so i can get guidance, or explain to me what i have to do?
Many thanks in anticipation.
Stu

Sponsored Links
I thought so! spent hours on it, i did come close. How come the cords are for sale in shops?

Sponsored Links
Did your cord not have a little plastic piece near the top?

195073-ab0-00co_full.jpg

They sell cords in the shop so you can replace the section below this, if you need a different length, or the old one has got grubby or frayed etc.

If the old one has broken off above that point then it's new switch time.

That makes perfect sense!
It didn't have a plastic switch.
Maybe i should have asked you guys before i pulled the rose apart. Many thanks anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back