Reset Tamper Light

I'll look at getting a new battery. Might be a silly question but if the battery is faulty what is powering the alarm when the power goes off? The alarm goes off for ages so it would seem that the battery has plenty of charge.

Sponsored Links
Oh yes, unless it is a rubbish alarm, even then there might be.

Sponsored Links
I've changed the battery in the box under the stairs. The old battery was down to 3v so the new one should help.

The tamper light is still on though. What do I do to clear it? I've got the lid off the box still but the tamper switch it held down with some tape. Entering the code on the keypad doesn't do anything other than set the alarm.

Fit a shorting link in the tamper terminal on the bottom of the pcb ( looks like it's got a red and white wire in at the moment ) now does that clear the fault ? If not fit a shorting link between the bell - and bell tamper return , if this clears the fault it's the bell box

Do I leave the red and white wire connected?

Is a shorting link just a bit of wire bridging the two terminals together? Do I leave this connected too or remove it?

I got a new battery installed btw but the tamper light is still on

Place wire link between red and white wires in tamper terminals.You can leave wires in or take out? As long as the tamper circuit is linked out.
If you still have tamper fault you then need to link out bell tamper circuit?
If you still have tamper fault then panel could be faulty?

How do you actually reset the tamper light though? Is that all that needs doing since the battery has been changed?

If the light does NOT reset with your code you have a tamper fault on the panel and you will need to do the above to see which one is causing the tamper fault.
A tamper fault can be one of the following?
Faulty tamper switch on control panel
Or
Faulty tamper switch on bell box or cable to bell box
Or
Fault on global tamper circuit i.e. Lids on detector device or damage cable

You need to work your way through the above to see which one is causing the tamper fault.

If you have done all the above by linking out the tamper circuit then your control panel could be faulty and require replacement.

The tamper light will NOT go out until fault sorted.

to reset tamper try disconnecting box from mains(fuse out)disconnect battery,reconnect battery reconnect mains put your code in and press reset

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back