retained air in system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anybody advise how to remove retained air in my heating system.
Brief history Last year I had serious problems with my boiler and had to replace the heat exchanger and as the system never incorporated an aav I installed one as close to the boiler on the return as possible.At the same time I removed all the rads and flushed them out with a hosepipe fitted trv's and new ballance valves ensuring that all joints were made with white hawk.
I also fitted a fenox filter on the return.I debated a power flush but as the system is 30 yrs old and the ground floor pipework is buried in the screed I decided not to.
This all worked well for a few months but then I noticed that I had a damp patch in the kitchen and on investigation found that a pipe had a stress fracture on a tight bend and it had only been the rubbish in the system preventing a leak I dug the floor up and replaced the pipework.It now works very well
However now the point to my question the fernox filter has a clear plastic cover and any air can be seen and the only time that I notice the presence of air is if I put the dhw on after I have started heating the house if I put them on together no air is apparent if I put the dhw on first and then the heating no air is apparent . All the rads get hot the dwh heats up a full tank from cold is available in about 1.5 hours
It is very little air but its annoying me

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back