RF 1 wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had to replace my junction box so I put in a Honeywell wiring centre but now my boiler ignores my rf1 and keeps the 3 way open ... Anybody know which terms the rf1 go into in the honeywell centre? 1 and 3 i thught but to no avail... The receiver is communicationg with the stat ok... Any thoughts please

Jelboy

Sponsored Links
what make of stat have you got

The following is for normal stats

W plan 4 + 7

Y plan 4 + 5

S plan 4 + 5

earth to 3

neutral to 2

I have a Drayton RF 1 wireless stat and am wiring it into a Honeywell wiring centre (the simpletons one with it all laid out for you) Options in the wiring centre are 1, 2, 3 and earth..
Thanks for your reply
Jelboy

what boiler do you have

is it a combi or heatonly

wiring centre normally have a strip of ten terminals?

Sponsored Links
A Worcester 24 Ri and the wiring centre is not the junction box type, it is the Honeywell one with the basic pcb and terminals for each component, stats, boiler etc.. I think the wiring on my Tempus 7 could be at fault - I have the HW on and off wired and the CH on wired.. I sthat correct? The boiler is currently ignoring the programmer and runs on its own!
Thanks again
Jelboy

Have you got the honeywell MI that shows you faults and how to cure them?

Depending on how your system is controlled, you may have to cut certain links in wiring centre

I don't have the MI but in the wiring centre it tells you which links to cut.. which I have done. The boiler is now responding to the programmer ok but still not the stat! I have it wired into 1 and 3 but it really doesn't do anything! Any ideas?
Thanks
Jelboy

Thanks - good fault finder
Have run thru it and boiler STILL IGNORES stat!!
Any more ideas?
Thanks
Jelboy

The boiler is still ignoring the stat...
I have put my meter across the wiring from the rf1 and it has continuity all the time.. with stat up or down. That ain't right surely?!!
Thanks
jelboy

Yes boiler goes off.
Think I will get a Honeywell dial stat tomorrow and test to see if my wireless has lost the plot!
Thanks for all your help
Jelboy

Wire the reciever unit to permanent live,neutral and earth.
wire boiler to voltage free relay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back