ring final circuit

...(its a science lab) they want the teacher to be able to isolate the sockets...

Apologies for coming over all Ban-All-Sheds here but I'm really not sure you should be messing around with electricity in a school lab.
The dangers to the students and teacher, and the massive liability that you expose yourself to should not be underestimated.

Eric makes some great points about why you should really hand this over to a qualified electrician.

Sponsored Links
Ffs I havent just walked into the school and said I would like to rewire your classroom.. I work for a firm I am a recently qualified.. the spec is a ring final which is what we have to work with...the job is through the council the design is by an architect..we could ask for a radial but the spec shows a ring...if it wasnt possible to wire it in a ring I would shout up but it is hence why I posted..

Go back to the architects, or a technical advisor at your firm.

A do it yourself website is NOT the place to be designing safety critical systems for school installations. :eek:

Dont mean to sound arsey but how many responses offer wiring suggestions...I suggest circuit into a spur supplyinf stop start then stop start back to contactor....ring wired through s contactor..if it doesnt comply then please advise if it does then can this method be improved

Sponsored Links
What if the advice you receive here is wrong? You don't know me or if I actually know anything about wiring.

Who is going to be liable for the circuit / system design if something goes wrong?

Are you going to stand up in court and ask the judge not to send you to jail because someone on the internet said it was ok?

This is not wiring an extra socket in your house, this is something which if done incorrectly has very real and serious consequences.

What sort of firm do you work for which expects a newely qualified employee to be carrying design work of safety critcal systems?

So im newly qualified and want to run my ideas before a number of experienced electricians ahead of speaking to my boss to design the wiring...is this not the place to do it??

So im newly qualified and want to run my ideas before a number of experienced electricians ahead of speaking to my boss to design the wiring...is this not the place to do it??
You have had replies.

The first three, and some since, queried the basic design as it does not make sense.

You then tell us that it is an architect's specifications, now you're going to speak to the boss to design it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back