Ring Junction

Sponsored Links
Is this the same committee that decided you could have a 20A cable spurred off a 32A ring final which supplies a 13A double socket for two 13A appliances?
Why do think that decision has been taken by anyone, let alone a committee?

Is this the same committee that decided you could have a 20A cable spurred off a 32A ring final which supplies a 13A double socket for two 13A appliances?

What do you think the continuous rating of a two gang 13A socket outlet is then :D.

A quick check in BS 1363-2 1995 points to an answer - and its not 26A :eek: .

Sponsored Links
they were changed in the corrigendum to say "historically" instead of "as a rule of thumb"..

So what? If it were irrelevant, it would not be mentioned in Appendix 15, amended or otherwise.

Will i just swap the socket for an FCU?
will this solve everyones problems about floor area?
Ill be a bit upset taking the plug off of my rack pdu but il live.

Any comments about this?
Thanks for all your help guys, i'm sure ill be back.

ok, so at 106m for a type B breaker.. in a room 50m x 2m, that yould be 104m just for going round the room, not much left for drops and such..
100m² was only ever a guideline anyway, based on your average 2 bed house.. it's enough to do a ground floor normally..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back