Ripped off by plumbing charges......please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worcester do a fixed price repair for £260 including vat, parts, labour and 12 months warranty.

Sponsored Links
Good morning everyone ...... Thank you for all your wonderful posts on the forum.....lots of which have made me smile....some have made me grit my teeth.
I will contact the firm on Monday and politely have my say.
One thing.....if you refer to my original post I am not whinging..... I simply said am I being unreasonable in thinking the charge was too high.

Have a good day and keep smiling everyone.

PS look out for me on rougue traders.....I am the blonde one ......the beautiful one of course LOL.

@ the end of it all it remains that the Government as usual - have a half arsed regulatory system - and an ex Public owned major contractor in the form of British Gas . There are a few independants here who I genuinely admire and don`t begrudge them their profit - Best job today - Spreading ;) Though it`s still a tough market

Sponsored Links
Good job Agile didn't do it on an hourly rate the cost of doing a risk assessment, filling out benchmark certificates liaising with local building control and gas safe would've been £500 before he's even got his tools out of the robin reliant :)

We were recently charged £90.00 for one hours work, parts and labour, fitting a gas cooker point. It started out at £110.00, but my OH put her foot down - And I still say we were overcharged.

Charnie, the above isn't 100% clear, did the £90 INCLUDE parts, I assume it did?

The original £110 he tried and the £90 we eventually agreed on was for parts and labour.
I said:
We were recently charged £90.00 for one hours work, parts and labour, fitting a gas cooker point.
And there was me thinking I'd explained it all clearly. ;)

With regards to travelling, a short hop of 300 yards from a mate/merchant customer, which is where he was when I rang said mate/merchant for the number of a RGI who would be able to do a rush job.

Taking into consideration what's been said here I suppose £90 was a reasonable price for the job.

Now, about the original £110 he tried to charge..... :evil:

A so called friend of mine, was doing a house up. He though nothing of paying the plasterer £340 for 2 days work,(skimming only) then moaned that I was ripping him off, by charging £50 to put a laminate floor down for him (worked from 8:00am, until 5:30 pm) Skirtings taken carefully off, room swept out, underlayment inc DPM put down, then flooring on and skirting back on.
WTF?

PS, a few weeks later he paid some clowns £200 to paint the room the flooring was in and they didn't cover the laminate before rolling the ceiling or walls. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The original £110 he tried and the £90 we eventually agreed on was for parts and labour.
I said:
We were recently charged £90.00 for one hours work, parts and labour, fitting a gas cooker point.
And there was me thinking I'd explained it all clearly. ;)

With regards to travelling, a short hop of 300 yards from a mate/merchant customer, which is where he was when I rang said mate/merchant for the number of a RGI who would be able to do a rush job.

Taking into consideration what's been said here I suppose £90 was a reasonable price for the job.

Now, about the original £110 he tried to charge..... :evil:

next time your in tescos get your mrs to put her foot down and see how far it gets you, sorry mate but you come across as a awkward to$$er and the next time you want a job done in a hurry I hope your reputation preceeds you.

Charnwood";p="1988895 said:
I said:
And there was me thinking I'd explained it all clearly. :wink:
Charnwood";p="1988895 said:
Lol. You did actually, but then I wondered if I misunderstood, as you weren't happy with paying £90. I think that charge is more than fair, especially as it was an urgent job. Was he vat registered?

I agree it wasn't fir to keep you waiting for paperwork, but he probably felt agreived about being knocked down.

This is a quality post!
Looks to me that there is alot of rogue custards out there :LOL:

is it only our trade that has people constantly questioning our prices?? People happily pay 12k for someone to fit 5k worth of windows, or 3k to fit 1k worth of soffits and guttering, and so on.. Yet god forbid we try and earn £200 a day before costs/deductions, we must be a right load of con artists :rolleyes:

is it only our trade that has people constantly questioning our prices?? People happily pay 12k for someone to fit 5k worth of windows, or 3k to fit 1k worth of soffits and guttering, and so on.. Yet god forbid we try and earn £200 a day before costs/deductions, we must be a right load of con artists :rolleyes:

Absoloutely, yet when people buy a house, they pay hundreds of pounds for a surveyor, thousands of pounds for solicitors and estate agents.

Its about time people realised the true amount of overheads that plumbing & heating engineers have, its also about time they realised that just as with solicitors, surveyors etc they are paying for knowledge & experience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back