Roof Leak - Temporary Fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Yesterday I noticed a damp patch above my door into the communal close from my flat. I got up into the loft and took a few pictures of what I found. My factor is sending someone out to check, and they will probably need to build scaffolding on the exterior of the building to have a look at what has went wrong (broken tile?).

In the meantime it is raining every day and more and more water is ingressing and damaging the ceiling outside my door.

Does anyone have any good ideas for a temporary fix judging by these images?

42XC

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

These images are upside down at the moment for some reason, I will endevour to fix this. The highest wet point I can see is the split between the two boards, so I am assuming this is where my leak is.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
for a very very temp fix - find where it drips from, pin a piece of string to that point, and put the other end in a bucket

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice.

I managed to slide a long tray under the bottom of the angled ply wood at the ceiling where the drips seem to be coming from.

I then contacted CRL as the building is under their structural insurance. They informed me that it is still under 2 year developer's warranty and is thus the responsibility of whoever built the flats. The problem being the developer who built the flats knows about the leak, but I haven't been able to get in touch with him since I informed him of it. He also owns 6 out of the 8 flats in the building currently.

Turning into a bit of a liability/legal issue than advice on fixing the leak I guess......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back