Roof Terrace

lig

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a 1900s house that has been converted into 6 one bed flats. Ours is a maionette on the 2nd and third storeys. We have a flat roof above the third storey, over our bathroom and bedroom and I have considered converting the roof into a terrace, with access via a sky light/window.

A number of neighbouring flats have roof terraces, though not the flats in our house. A friend has advised that there are restrictions on roof terraces if you access via a sky light and that you need to have access via a door. Is this correct?

I appreciate that I would need to get the roof checked to see that it is able to support the weight etc but interestingly there is a water tank on the roof which supplies the 6 flats in the house, so I assume the roof construction should be ok?

Thanks for a great forum

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back