Room stat help required!! please ;o)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,anybody able 2 help me my stats gone caput,ive brought a new one with 4 wire conection,but dont understand the wiring the old 1 was.....1=red,2-yellow,3=earth,4=neutral and the new 1 is not quite the same!! 1=common,2=satisfied,3=demand and 4 connect to neutral.tryd doing it the same as the old 1 and triped the electric ;o( any help would be greatly received if you could email me on how to wire it up would be fantastic !

If anybody can help...please do.

Kind regards

Richie (sitting in a cold house in stoke)

Sponsored Links
Take the yellow wire and put it in 3 [Switched live, demand]
Take the earth wire and put it to the seperate earth terminal marked with an earth symbol and NOT into 1,2,3 or 4

Red is common live and ok where it is #1
Blue is neutral and ok where it is #4
#2 Is generally not used

Please note that this is general guidance for most systems. If you are unsure then its best to get a professional in.

PS I would quickly put your email address in your profile and remove it from your post before the Moderator catches you.

Red to 1
Yellow to 3
Blue to 4

As Sluggy said why do you need to bypass to get heat. Just wire it up :mad:

Sponsored Links
Thats probably cos its double insulated and dont need one.

Why do you start if its quiet obviously way out of your depth.

Can I say it any simpler.

Red in common or 1
Yellow is switched live or 3
Blue is neutral or 4

Blimey ask your wife to have a look she will get it straight away!
If there is no connection for the earth that means it doesnt need it!
Just leave it behind the back plate or hang a picture on it.

when it cums to painting cars im very good!!!! when it comes to electrics im stuffed but when ur skint and cold i have a go!!!

so carm down :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back