Room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

This is my first post but I'm here since a while as it is the best mine of information.

Was trying to find a solution as there is lots of similar threads but without a luck.

I want to replace my current analog thermostat for a thermostat which can be placed anywhere in my house. The thing is my thermostat is placed in the living room and apart of it looks ugly it doesn't work properly anymore. Another issue is I need to set up higher temperature downstairs (where is my living room) to get warm enough upstairs over the night.

So ... my idea is to replace my current thermostat with a wireless one which could be taken upstairs at night and then taken down during the day downstairs and placed back on the wall. The important thing is I want to keep my current programmer which is Siemens rwb9.

Now after spending a few days with google I got completely lost as everything is connected differently. Some have 5 wires, others need to be connected with the boiler etc.

I roughly know which thermostats would fit into my existing thermostat but they look very outdated and because of that it will be in my living room I would like my new thermostat to look let say up to date.

I would go for Hive or Nest but I know it will not work.

This is my current thermostat wiring (Danfoss rmt230):

thumbnail-jpg.126814

4 - neutral (blue)
1 - live (red)
2 - switched live (yellow)

Would appreciate any ideas.

Martin

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 2,293
Sponsored Links
Why do you think nest or Hive etc won't work?

Ideally you want a wireless programmable thermostat that will replace your current programmer and thermostat. Having a system that will do what you want will ultimately replace your current controls.

I mentioned that I want to leave my current programmer (rwb9). Thing is I have just moved in, there is a conventional boiler and within next two years I want to replace it with a combi one (no money now) so don't want to buy HW + CH system and then replace it. Need to organise just a thermostat for now with a wireless function which would fit into my old thermostat place.

At the moment the best of the worst is Salus RT310i, Siemens RDE100.1RFS or Tower RF205 but I don't really like any of them

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
piccaso thanks for a reply

which programmable one would fit my current stat ? I want to spend max £200 with self install

I know you gonna give me that one (y) I really doesn't like the appearance of it ... was thinking if there is anything like Salus iT500BM what I could use o_O

? this is what I love but as far as I know it replaces a programmer as well ??

install it where your room stat is, then it just controls the heating, leave the existing programmer on constant for heating and the salus can be programmed or just used as a stat. ignore the combination boiler title.

This is what you have at your stat at the moment , live , neutral and switched live.

Capture.PNG

so live to live, neutral to neutral and switched live to NO ? don't tell me it's so simple ?

Thank you very much for explaining it in such a simple way. Special thanks from my wife as she picked that Salus and told me to mount something what looks similar. (y)(y)(y)

I checked the reviews before and if people complains its all about the internet connectivity and the app. In my case I don't even know if I get it connected to my router (unless it will be required to start it) as I need only a thermostat to be taken upstairs at night and then downstairs during the day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back