Rough costing got 6x6m garage

My costing is for a legit structure not some Micky Mouse bodge built by a homeless Eastern European.
I'm not sure if your in the building trade gunning for work but the builder is no homeless Eastern European.Even if he was what that got to do with it as long as he builds something of decent quality.
He is a uk citizen with family and lives locally. His work has been inspected next door with the neighbours.
He is starting out and needs to prove himself. He may use cheap labour but does skilled work himself. I'm not sure if you have a problem with the price or method of construction. Please refrain from repeating yourself about cost we all know you think it's impossible. I'm paying the bills so let me take care of that.
I'm a novice and it's the first time I have had anything built like this hence my posting on this forum.

Sponsored Links
I know it is impossible to produce a decent structure for the money you have been quoted.

Good luck with it though.(y)
I will show you the pics and invoices when it's complete and you can make up your own mind. Mission impossible we will see.

I can already see that he has only dug down half the distance one would normally find acceptable. I don't need to see any more.

Post some pictures after a couple of Winters.(y)

Sponsored Links
Half of those costs we don't include
The trench was dug
without machine hire.
He has cement mixer hired.
Doors and windows not included
Received 4 ton ballast
25 bags concrete and 4 packs of blocks.
No eletrics and just metal roof
Lintels will be needed for door and window.
No soakway.
Gutters only
Render will be £200 he said at his cost.
No scaffold that's his decision.
No mesh
My costing was aimed at the OP, by the way. A legit build, i.e. materials bought through a builders merchants and not stolen.

My costing was aimed at the OP, by the way. A legit build, i.e. materials bought through a builders merchants and not stolen.
Materials bought from largest supplier in Yorkshire

Why is the slave paying for the rendering?

Fingers crossed then eh.
The slave said he would charge price all incl. I said it needs to be rendered and he said ok I will sort that out at my cost. Wanted pebbledash but apparently that would be too costly so went with std render.

Why is the slave paying for the rendering?

Fingers crossed then eh.
He didn't mention scaffolding
We had roof felt replaced at eaves up for 1-2m and the roofers were walking on house as if it was flat and that was in winter with ice.
Think at 8ft it's an overkill I would have thought.

I can already see that he has only dug down half the distance one would normally find acceptable. I don't need to see any more.

Post some pictures after a couple of Winters.(y)
From what others have said the depth is adequate and for a 8ft garage it's probably had better foundations than some houses out there.

I've heard a rumour on here that you could build a while house for less than £22k.

I have built 110m2 complete house for under 22k

So a garage should be the price of a couple of M&S meals, bottle of good wine and a Sky movie download.

I've heard a rumour on here that you could build a while house for less than £22k.

So a garage should be the price of a couple of M&S meals, bottle of good wine and a Sky movie download.
Got quoted £1500 for a sectional one so less than 5k sounds about right. Mines cheap as I'm having another job included as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back