Safety that's why we should get out of the EU

Delightful to see that camel-boy and his friends have nothing sensible to say. Not unlike their buddies Boris and Nigel.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What's the term they use? Ah yes! A sexual emergency.. Keep out of the swimming pool when JD is about..

Are you referring to UK external open borders? They are obviously not open, not to EU citizens or to anyone else. EU citizens are free to work, travel and live in UK, but the borders are real, manned, and validity checks are carried out.
Like these you mean?

Screenshot3.png

Screenshot2.png

Screenshot1.png

Thanks for that PBC, and thanks for not getting mixed up in davie's and fender's sexual fantasies.

You are right the border between NI and Eire is lightly controlled, even non-existent. Neither Eire or UK is in Schengen area, so they are free to control their external borders to a high degree. This is due to an agreement between UK and Eire in 2008.

During the 1916 to 2008 period there has been several changes in land border control, due to various reasons.
However, the UK and Eire governments agreed to cooperate on their external borders, so leaving the internal borders open.
In July 2008, the UK and Irish governments announced their intent to resume controls over their common border and the Common Travel Area in general. Each proposed to introduce detailed passport control over travellers from the other state, where travel is by air or sea.However, the land border will be 'lightly controlled'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ireland–United_Kingdom_border
This is exactly the type of arrangement that EU is trying to replicate, but sadly they have paid too little attention to the external borders, leaving it to the individual member nations. This is exactly the argument that I have been making: the concentration and cooperation should be on the external borders. The internal borders can then become open, allowing free movement, total convenience for the citizens, reduced expenditure, improved international cooperation, etc.

Edit: BTW, it also highlights how a land border would need to be recreated in the event of Brexit.

Last edited:
You will have no gripe, then, should Britain decide to leave.
Are you asking me if I'll respect a democratic decision of UK?
Is that a silly question?
Don't go asking silly questions!

You really should watch the video of Hungarian PM.
Do you think I should accept the ramblings of right wing politician? A politician that has been mixed up in scandal and corruption. A politician that failed to turn up in Hungarian Parliament for ten months for their equivalent of PM's Questions.

Additionally, how can you respect a politician that says, "It is forbidden to say......." Then he says whatever it was he claimed was forbidden! Is that nonsensical?
How come he claims it is forbidden to say so many things, then he blames the press for criticising his leadership?

Can you not read?
You don't have to believe but that will not change the facts.
Because a right wing politician, mixed up in corruption and scandal says something that you find agrees with your views, you think it must be fact!

Tell me again how you are undecided in the In - Out referendum. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back