Salus RT500RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So its set to 18°C but the thing wont come on.
I've spent ages trying to get this thing to come and off when required but I dont get it.
At the moment it says its 25°C in the house but the heating is off and its freezing. Can someone please explain to me how this thermostat is supposed to work?
I want a warm house.

Sponsored Links
It operates when the temperature drops below the range set to but it will 5 time periods.
What setting have you programmed it to?
It also has an override feature.
To get Saturday and Sunday up press SET and Mon-Friday will flash, press up and down arrow and it will change to sat-sun and then just repeat the process for time and temperature the same as you do for Mon-Friday. To override the settings, select desired temperature ie 21 c then press and hold the up arrow for over 2 seconds and then the heating should stay on until the you manually turn it off, then it will revert back to the programmed timers.

I have it set on the 7 day now.
I had been setting it by individual days but I have fathomed how to set it to come on at 7.00, go off at 8.30 then come on at 3.30 until 8.30pm for Mon -Fri

I have it set at 18....So when the house temp drops below 18, it will come on? Is that wrong?
It seems to do this and then goes off again once its reached its the temp and I would like it constant.

Also is this right? ...
Prog 1 on Prog 2 off, Prog 3 ? , Prog 4 on and Prog 5 off :confused:

I have it set at 18....So when the house temp drops below 18, it will come on? Is that wrong?
Yes
It seems to do this and then goes off again once its reached its the temp and I would like it constant.
It will regulate it's self, does not really ever turn off.
Also is this right? ...
Prog 1 on Prog 2 off, Prog 3 ? , Prog 4 on and Prog 5 off :confused:
No, all progs are on progs. But set them at the temperature and time that you want the boiler to react to.
ie
Prog1 time 6.30 temp set at 23c (the temp will regulate to 23c, if the house temp drops below that at this time, until prog2 time is reached)
prog2 time 9.00 temp set at 9c (the temp will regulate to 9c, if the house temp drops below this at this time, untill the time of prog3 is reached)
prog3 time 16.30 temp set at 23c (the temp will regulate to 23c, if the house temp drops below that at this time, until prog4 time is reached)
prog4 time 18.00 temp set at 27c (the temp will regulate to 27c, if the house temp drops below that at this time, until prog5 time is reached)
prog5 time 21.30 temp set at 8c (the temp will regulate to 8c, if the house temp drops below that at this time, until prog1 time is reached)
The unit never turns off, just regulates the temperature at the times set at temps set.

Sponsored Links
Your not going to have a warm house with it set to 18c...

If you leave it alone for a few minutes the display should show the current room temperature. You said in your original post that it was displaying 25c even though it was freezing...

IF thats the case, its probably faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back