same old question ? plastic or copper ?

Barrier is a bit more expensive so the cheapskates use it though they know they shouldn't. There are also the halfwits who just don't know any better and think all plastic is the same.

There are also halfwits who think copper and plastic are the same.

Sponsored Links
Barrier is a bit more expensive so the cheapskates use it though they know they shouldn't. There are also the halfwits who just don't know any better and think all plastic is the same.

What you seem to forget is that when plastic started to become popular approx 10-15 years ago plumbers took the advice given to them by the reps if this was wrong how was we to know :confused: it would cause problems.

Why do they make 10mm thats not barrier pipe???

I wish I was perfect :)

Sponsored Links
What you seem to forget is that when plastic started to become popular approx 10-15 years ago plumbers took the advice given to them by the reps if this was wrong how was we to know :confused: it would cause problems.

It has always been the case that barrier is used on heating to stop the oxygen permeating the pipe and causing corrosion. Most fitting it have never seen a rep in their life. If the go to the merchants or BnQ and see 2 rolls of seemingly the same stuff, one £30 the other £35 most will take the cheaper one

Why do they make 10mm thats not barrier pipe???

10mm can be used on mains pressure plumbing systems eg to basin & WC's. It is a good question. Infact why do they make std at all?

I wish I was perfect :)
So do i :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back