Santon Premier cylinder sudden decrease in water temp

Sponsored Links
If there are no underlying problems with the Boiler stat etc, it can only be circulation or electrical. Curculation is not an necessary an airlock or blockage. The circulation problem may be caused by a lazy hot water stat on the cylinder causing the temperature of the water to become tepid only, a non regsistered way to see if this is the problem, is to turn on hot water only controls, also as a precaution, make sure the cylinder stat is set to 60 degrees C. Let the boiler and pump and any motorised valves to do their job, if after a period of time, the boiler shutes down, then go to the motorised valve that controls the hot water, if it is shut, open it manually, hot water should then get hot, if no manual over ride on the three or two port valve, just call a Gas safe registered engineer, who is pressurised hot water registered also. jon wells.

For your second posting you have chosen a topic which is THREE years old!

I am sure it was sorted out then and he may well have sold the property by now.

Tony

put your hand on the pipes round the 3-way valve and see which are hot.
If it's an unvented cylinder it should have a 2 port valve on the flow pipe to it, even if there's also a 3 port valve. It's part of the fail safe system.

Anyone working on an unvented cylinder should have the "unvented ticket", an identity card to show that the person has undertaken a short course and assessment on unvented cylinders. Ask the "engineer" if you can see his "unvented ticket" (not the Corgi card).

If he doesn't have one or won't show it, ask him for the name of the BG manager who is authorising him to work on unvented cylinders when not competent to do so. He'll quickly disappear and you should get someone competent within a few days.

Are you crazy, seriously there is no way a company of that size would send an unqualified guy to do the work, they are strigently checked and rechecked by the HSE and they would never send sum1 without the relevent qualification, not a chance on this earth, also just because you have done the course doesnt mean you understand them, i know guys who did them b4 the qualification who no them inside out and are no longer aloud to work on them, i know guys with the ticket who aint so sure, i feel a sense of BG hate in this thread, to the customer i can quite confidently say the gas man in your house, will have access to more engineers with more experiance, than what you can get off us on here, and not only that but he can get them to come and give him a lift if he's struggling, certain guys on here will only bitch and moan but wont get your job sortrted will they, and to you guys it could be a young lad getting to grips with the trade he will be fully qualified in gas and unvented, but as you all know theres no training for experiance so lay off its the case with all beginners and we all struggle form time to time with certain things were only human

Sponsored Links
One wonders why you are adding to a thread from three years ago ?

Chris Hutt has not been seen on this forum for three years.

He is a nice fellow and I wonder what has become of him as I have not heard anything of him.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back