Sash Windows - replacement key for restricting bolt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to remove a restricting bolt from a sash window. It is recessed in a small hole (too small for long nose pliers) and the end of the bolt itself is square. I assume that I need to get a key of some description that will fit over this square end and allow me to undo the bolt. Most of the keys I can see have a square end that would fit into a square hole, not the other way round as I need.

Any ideas/help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Chubb key 8013k or Era key 584-56 are for the most popular locks fitted to sliding sash windows. The Era version is slightly larger than the Chubb. Available from your local locksmith shop. You may need to jiggle the windows about to get the bolt released from the frame.
Post a picture for definitive answer.
DC
Teamlocksmiths.

Thanks for your reply. I managed to get the right key from Timpsons and it looks like it was the Chubb 8103k.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back