Saxo engine number

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me where I can the find the engine number on a 1.1 Saxo X is it on the front of the engine block or somewhere else? The reason I ask is because i`ve found a number on the front of the block but it doesn`t match the engine number on the vehicle check from the AA

Sponsored Links
The engine number may be on the left hand end of the front face of the block, but some have the number stamped on a machined flat at the flywheel end. If the number doesn't match up with the V5, then it's had an engine swop.

What the F a V8 in a saxo! I wish! the only number I found on the engine is machined into the front of the block so I guess its had an engine change at some time but it don`t matter because it goes like s**t of a shovel, at least the VIN number matches. why would an engine be swapped?

Sponsored Links
Any number of reasons. If the cambelt snapped, for instance it would cause a lot of damage. An easy way out would be to visit a breaker for a swop engine.

Someone trying to say that i`ve got a heavy right foot?! I cruise between 60 and 70 down a motorway and 75 pushing 80 to overtake a sunday afternoon driver. And on the subject of engine swaps my old mans polo had 3 engine changes! and it required more oil than petrol!

car-smiley-002.gif

Ian84 said:
Can anyone tell me where I can the find the engine number on a 1.1 Saxo X

it goes like s**t of a shovel

Perhaps there lies your answer as to the identity of the mystery engine! ;) Does it by any chance have "VTS" logos on it?

I jest of course, but there have been instances of people doing such things with certain cars in the past: I am aware of a crashed Ford Sierra 1.6 that was found to have a Cosworth engine (undeclared on the insurance of course!)

Its definitely the 1124cc engine but something doesn`t look right in the area surrounding the ecu so it may have been modified in someway because its a bit quick for a 60bhp engine. I hate to sound dumb but how can you tell if the ecu`s been chipped? apart from the obvious and citroens 0-60 stats are 11.2 seconds and this does it quicker than that!

I have heard that one way to tell if it has been chipped is to get a garage to plug their computer gubbins into it. As I understand it, when you chip an engine, the ECU flags up a "checksum error", as you are now using a non-standard chip.

Perhaps there is an easier way (would a new chip have a "Superchips" logo on it maybe?)

Saying that, I didn't think ECU chips had that great an effect, 2 or 3bhp perhaps. :confused: And if they had done any more than that (new cams etc) then they would probably have sold it as a "modified" Saxo. It's a mystery! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back