scaled plate exchangers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could anyone tell me what would be the result of scaled plate exchanger? poor dhw flow, poor h/w temp as there would be karge temp differntial on flow and return? anything else? wouldnt the boiler overheat if the plate was scaled up?thank you

Sponsored Links
Poor DHW flow if scaled badly on the domestic side. Most plate HE's tend to block on the system side and cause hot/cold hot/cold cycling as the boiler overheats/cools/overheats.

If the plate is scaled then poor hot water heat up or poor flow rates.

If its plate is sludged then fluctuating water temps, poss boiler overheats

Sponsored Links
thanks. i guess measuring the temp diff of flow into the plate and return out is confirmation of blockage/scale. should be 10 percent differential?

thanks. i guess measuring the temp diff of flow into the plate and return out is confirmation of blockage/scale. should be 10 percent differential?

No, that is on your rads, or flow and return on boiler. Your DHW indication is explained above

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back