Scantronic 9452 to Odyssey 1

GJS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing the bell boxes connected to my Scantronic with 2 X Odyssey 1. This is how I think they should be wired:

Noname.jpg

Can anyone confirm this is right? It seems straightforward apart from TR. What does that stand for?

Questions:

1. Does the second bell just connect to exactly the same terminals as the first?

2. The Scantronic manual indicates that 350mA can be drawn from the AUX output. Is this all that the bell can draw as well?

3. The Odyssey draws 405mA in SAB mode, 190mA in LC mode and 30mA in SCB mode. What modes should I use for the bell at the front of the house and the one at the back?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
TR actually stands for Tamper Return.

you cant wire up two bells on a pnel the way you have drawn it, it is fine for one though.

if you wire two bells the way you have shown it, IF either bell box is tampered with the alarm will not kno becuse the other tamper return is saying all is fine.

what you are supposed to do is wire both bells as per your drawing, BUT the tamper return of the first one is connected to the _ve supply of the second.

The second bell's tampoer return goes to the panel.

this way if the first bell is tampered with it loses the tamper retrun to the 2nd bell (which means the 2nd one will ring strait away, but indoing so, it removes the tamper return to the panel.

if the 2nd bell is tampered with it removes the tamper return to the panel

so the termianls will have

+ve 2 wires

ringer (bell) 2 wires)

-ve one wire

Tr one wire

and you will have a Tr connected in a choc bloc to the nd bell -ve supply

how ever with sone sounders the Tr is current limited, so is not enough to hold off the 2nd bell, in whcih case you have to use a relay.

the relay breaks the Tr from the other bell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back