Security Lighting Circuit OK ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again

I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to check out the circuit diagram below and let me know

a) if it acceptable to link the common terminals in the switch in this way ? and
b) If there is a better way of acheiving the same effect ? ie How would you do it ?

The security lights are to be fitted to the outside of my garage and I am opting to tap into the existing lighting circuit which consists of 2 x 36W Fluorescent fittings only. The existing wiring is fed from a 5A MCB in the garage CU. There is nothing else on the circuit

The switch is also going to be outside and I plan to utilise an IP rated double (2 way) switch that I already possess. (Hence the extra L2 in the diagram)

All thoughts appreciated
Regards
MGFDude :p

Edit - Spelling

SecurityLights2.jpg

Sponsored Links
only had a qucik look, looks ok on the understanding 1 switch operates 1 light the other operates 2 lights

Thanks for the quick reply breezer :)

Yes - that is the correct switching I was after -
The 2 PIR lamps operate from 1 switch and
the single non-PIR lamp operates from the other switch

Thanks for your help

Regards
MGF Dude

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back