Seeing as how you all like pictures so much

Sponsored Links
Ban, the unit looks a "proper job" but one thing is bothering me! Can you close the cover on the metal cabinet if there is anything plugged in to either the socket or ceeform?

Ceeform, no, but the Masterseal yes, as long as it's not a wall-wart.

But everthing inside the box is IP rated, so closing the lid wouldn't be essential.

As long as I could close, or almost close the Masterseal lid I could remove the gland plate to allow cables to leave the enclosure, e.g. if I took leave of my senses and decided to have illuminated Santas at Christmas...

Multiple cables into 1 crimp is commonly done...
- You CAN get 2-cables-into-1-crimp in ring & bootlace
- The key difference is just the plastic insulation part

Usage of crimps for loop-in (neater re space)...
- I am certain there is a push-in type connector on the market??
- Basically 2-way 3-way 4-way etc
- Like that used on lighting, but for 2.5mm & 4.0mm CSA

Was I imagining it?
Made by Ideal or someone similar?

More compact than a terminal block, no need to screw it down, quick. Crimps via ratchet tool might be a more long term connection method though and are probably smaller.

Never thought of running armoured glands straight into conduit boxes, but it is natural and a metal-to-metal interface for continuity. No worse than the threaded entry bosses on some metal enclosures and can find no regulation prohibiting it so preferable to FP+glands which has inferior mechanical protection to SWA re non-526-06-06 (FP lacks BS8436 approval).

Sponsored Links
Usage of crimps for loop-in (neater re space)...
- I am certain there is a push-in type connector on the market??
- Basically 2-way 3-way 4-way etc
- Like that used on lighting, but for 2.5mm & 4.0mm CSA

Was I imagining it?
Made by Ideal or someone similar?

More compact than a terminal block, no need to screw it down, quick. Crimps via ratchet tool might be a more long term connection method though and are probably smaller.

http://www.wago.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-53EFFEF9-CCA3FA20/wago/style.xsl/eng_2631.htm

These are excellent.

What's the purpose of fibre washers under the glands in the besa box.
The boxes had an uneven finish so I used the washers to make a better seal between the glands and the box.

Why have you derated the external enclosure.
I don't believe I have - at least not to the point where it is unsuitable.

What is the purpose of that black compound.
If you mean where the cable from the photocell enters the the enclosure it's not black compound it's a rubber washer.

Why is the photo cell at similar level to car headlamps.
Because that was a convenient height for it to be - I've not experienced any problems with the lights switching off because of car headlamps.

All looks a bit ***** to me. For the perfect ***** effect, you need a little lion with flashing red eyes on top of that brick pier and some rubbish iron gates with gold spikes.
<Shrug.>

panel.jpg
We can all show what we have done but in this example it is the PLC program that was hard part sticking all the bits in a box is easy bit.
Although it didn't work first time had to remove an inverter as it was interfering with ASi and added extra power supply for magnets as the twin contactors for the emergency stop had bigger inrush than expected originally it was intended to fit a perspex screen in front of 415 volt part at the top but the 24v emergency stop contactors were long than the 240v version used to set everything out with so would not fit.
So should I show program as well?
Eric

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back