Sentencing

Sponsored Links
It's ok mate.

Joe, let's get one thing straight. I am not your mate! I am, like every other member of this forum, a complete stranger to you. And speaking about mates, from the amount of time you spend at your computer, I get the impression that you are a solitary, lonely person. Of course, I may be wrong, just as you were when you suggested that I tell lies.

your cowardice is exposed............huff puff, huff puff, huff puff

Joe. You are clutching at straws which dont even exist and your huffin' and puffin' is getting you absolutely nowhere fast.

To be perfectly honest, I think that the following quote sums up your mentality:
What a fookin hypocrite. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And Joe, you can have the last word :D

It's ok mate your cowardice is exposed. You are happy for someone elses kid to be molested and the culprit sentenced to 15 months but not your own.
What a fookin hypocrite.

I think that's an odd conclusion to draw.

If Hall had done what he did to your nine year old would you be happy with him getting a 15 month sentence? (bearing in mind the 15 moths was for ALL the incidents).

Sponsored Links
I think that's an odd conclusion to draw.

If Hall had done what he did to your nine year old would you be happy with him getting a 15 month sentence? (bearing in mind the 15 moths was for ALL the incidents).

What are you saying?

One of the main things that makes society is laws. I know not everybody keeps to them, but (thankfully), the vast majority do. Plus, those that do not are kept in check (note I did not say stopped) by the authorities. Otherwise, life would not be worth living.

So, either we accept the laws and the punishments for breaking them, or we do not. If we do not, the answer is NOT to go round meting what we think is the "correct" punishment, but to join together with like-minded others and lobby the authorities for change.

That is the ONLY way.

The other way will just lead to lawlessness.

So if some scout master penetrated your kids you'd be quite happy if he got off with 15 months? Well would you?

I'd be bleedin' shocked....I work with a load of them!

So what would YOU consider a proper sentence?

That would depend, as all punishments do, on the circumstances of the individual case.

Joe , you really do seem to have some sort of hangup where children's bottoms and penetration are concerned. I'm beginning to worry about you. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

securespark said:
One of the main things that makes society is laws.

At last! A breath of fresh air in this long and largely pointless argument.

Who was it that said, "Democracy is the worst possible way of running a country - except for every other method that's bean tried." They were right. If my history is correct, the essence of Magna Carta is that nobody is above the law. I'm also pleased to be able to say that those laws are made, not by some tyrant with a big sword, nor by some well-meaning but misguided individual who thought he'd got them from a supernatural entity, but by a democratically elected parliament. :cool: :cool: :cool:

They're not perfect - and politicians certainly aren't - but they work most of the time and they're the best we've got. And so:

joe-90 said:
If Hall had done what he did to your nine year old would you be happy with him getting a 15 month sentence?

No, I wouldn't be happy - but I'd accept it. I'd have to accept it because a judge said so. Nobody is above the law, least of all me. Nuff said. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

securespark said:
One of the main things that makes society is laws.

At last! A breath of fresh air in this long and largely pointless argument.

Who was it that said, "Democracy is the worst possible way of running a country - except for every other method that's bean tried." They were right. If my history is correct, the essence of Magna Carta is that nobody is above the law. I'm also pleased to be able to say that those laws are made, not by some tyrant with a big sword, nor by some well-meaning but misguided individual who thought he'd got them from a supernatural entity, but by a democratically elected parliament. :cool: :cool: :cool:

They're not perfect - and politicians certainly aren't - but they work most of the time and they're the best we've got. And so:

joe-90 said:
If Hall had done what he did to your nine year old would you be happy with him getting a 15 month sentence?

No, I wouldn't be happy - but I'd accept it. I'd have to accept it because a judge said so. Nobody is above the law, least of all me. Nuff said. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Well why did the other bloke get 22 years then? That's what the thread is about.

Sponsored Links
Back