Sentencing

Sponsored Links
I'm asking YOU. Not interested in what anyone else has to say unless he gives comment on the Souter case too.

It's the DISPARITY in the sentencing that this thread is about.

Now answer the question please.

Should they or should they not have received similar custodial sentences. Yes or no?

Have stopped reading through the Hall situ and am of the opinion that taking into account the laws on sentencing at the time, the appeals court got it right.

Should they or should they not have received similar custodial sentences. Yes or no?

Later, but not today or tomorrow, I will look at the other case and having done so will give what can only be, my opinion.

OK Bolo. Let's just assume that one sexual predator attacks your nine year old daughter in a frenzy with penetration and gets 15 months.

Then another predator attacks your teenage son in a frenzy with penetration and gets 22 YEARS.

Would you be happy with that? Would you say 'The attorney general got it right'?

They are BOTH predatory paedophiles yet one got 15 MONTHS and one got 22 YEARS.

Do you believe that the sentences were just and appropriate?

If so - why?

Sponsored Links
Bolo would probably agree with the second one getting 22 yrs,, Just as long as the guilty party's name was Joe-90. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So what are your thoughts on the subject jockscot? Or are you too dumb to have any?

I think they both should have got similar sentences Joe. Sentencing guidelines in this country, should be applied equally, irrespective of wealth or fame. But, both you and I know that's never going to happen. ;) ;)

Have stopped reading through the Hall situ and am of the opinion that taking into account the laws on sentencing at the time, the appeals court got it right.

Later, but not today or tomorrow, I will look at the other case and having done so will give what can only be, my opinion.
It was not my intention to re-read the Souter case today but because of the weather, I have done nothing else. !5 minutes ago, having finished reading most of the reports I had access to, I read the judges summing up and came to the conclusion that the 22 year sentence was justified. Having already stated that I thought that the appeals court got it right in the Hall case, it is clearly my opinion that they should not have received similar sentences. The judges summing up, of the Souter case, went a long way into making me form that opinion. You can read it here:

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-souter-sentencing-remarks.pdf

That is my opinion and Joe, you have yours.

If Souter had cut off the lads genitals, ate them and murdered him he would have only got an extra 3 years. Does that sound right to you?

OK Bolo. Let's just assume that one sexual predator attacks your nine year old daughter in a frenzy with penetration and gets 15 months.

Then another predator attacks your teenage son in a frenzy with penetration and gets 22 YEARS.

Would you be happy with that? Would you say 'The attorney general got it right'?

They are BOTH predatory paedophiles yet one got 15 MONTHS and one got 22 YEARS.

Do you believe that the sentences were just and appropriate?

If so - why?

JOe, hypothetical situations do nothing to help you mate. Best just put your slippers on , drink your cocoa and get ready for bed. ;) ;)

PS, repetition is one of the early signs of alzheimers/dementia. Best make that appointment at the doc's for Monday morning, before you forget. ;) ;)

If you were capable of fathering a daughter (which I doubt) who was molested at the age of 9. Would you be happy for the perpetrator to get 15 months? Well would you?

I'm asking you a direct question. Don't just come back with boring stupid stuff.

Don't just come back with boring stupid stuff.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Joe,,, I sincerely hope you were looking at yourself in a mirror when you typed that.
You post hypothetical questions, loaded in such a way, that you'll probably get the expected response, then you'll lay into the person the question is aimed at saying "Why is it different in xxxxx's case then?" . (because it's a completely different scenario)
You simply can't ask a hypothetical question and expect a proper answer. (If you can't understand that, then it really is time for bed.)

PS in answer to your hypothetical question,, Yes, I'd be happy with that.. (remember, this is a hypothetical answer) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back