Sentencing

Of course it's hypothetical - you can't father any children. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hmm, I have several children Joe. All of whom I love very dearly. If anyone were to abuse them, I personally wouldn't be happy with any sentence which didn't include the words "hanged until you are dead."

Hmm, I have several children Joe. All of whom I love very dearly. If anyone were to abuse them, I personally wouldn't be happy with any sentence which didn't include the words "hanged until you are dead."

Although I don't have any children, if I had and the same happened to them I, too, would want to see the offender hanged.

If he was put away for a few years I'd patiently wait for his release and do the deed myself, and damn the consequences.

You wouldn't have long to wait for Stuart Hall though. He's got fancy lawyers.

Sponsored Links
Joe, having spent my whole day studying the respective trials and sentencing of the two paedophials Hall and Souter, I think can claim to know as much as anyone on the forum who has not done the same amount of research. That is, of course, apart from yourself.

As you state:
It's the DISPARITY in the sentencing, (Edit by bolo: of Hall and Souter) that this thread is about. Should they or should they not have received similar custodial sentences.
As I stated in a previous post, "in my opinion they should not have received similar sentences."
And that is the end of the matter. You asked for my opinion and I gave it after spending a lot of time studying the facts of both cases. It was not a knee-jerk reaction.

We are talking about real people, real crimes, real trials and real sentences. As Jockscott says, "hypothetical situations do nothing to help".

Here's a hypo for you Joe. Your lass is at Uni in Nottingham.(you have said she is) She happens to be in her second year (so she's either sharing a house or is in lodgings) (as the uni expects students to do) One night she happens to be walking through Radford (seems to be a typical student area) A drive by shooting happens (seems to happen a lot in Nottingham) and your daughter is either seriously injured (affecting the rest of her life) or killed. Police catch the person responsible for pulling the trigger. If she's dead, he's initially charged with murder, but this is reduced to manslaughter. Eventually he gets about 5 -7 in prison. If she lives , he gets 3- 5 max. Either sentence means the perp is out of prison in lets say a minimum of 2 - 4 yrs.. Do you think this is fair and just?

Just for arguments sake. let's assume he's an immigrant here illegally. At the end of his sentence the Home Office decide he should be deported. However his lawyers insist, this is against his "Human Rights" simply because he has a girlfriend here in the UK and he's now "entitled" to a family life under the human rights act. He gets to stay here in the UK, claiming benefits (even though he's never contributed to the UK economy)
Answer please. ;) ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
What do you want an answer to? The thread isn't about drive-by shootings it's about the sexual assault of children.

Anyway, she owns her own narrow boat.

Anyway, as you've only been here five minutes you are probably unaware that in a number of posts in the past I've advocated life imprisonment for anyone carrying a gun - whether they had any intent to use it or not. You carry the gun you go to prison.

It's the DISPARITY in the sentencing, that this thread is about. Should they, [Hall and Souter],(edited by bolo ), or should they not, have received similar custodial sentences.

Joe, you introduced this thread to solicit opinions on the apparent disparity of the sentencing of paedophiles Hall and Souter. As I said in my previous thread, we are talking about real people, real crimes, real trials and real sentences. Hypothetical situations really have no place here and I would respectfully suggest that, if you want to discuss such situations, you should start a new thread. In the meantime, I think it would be better if you didn't hijack your own topic of discussion by introducing factors which are not relevant to the two cases in hand.

They aren't hypothetical. I'm asking YOU what YOU would want if YOUR daughter was molested. If it's different from the 15 months that Hall got then say so. This is RELEVANT. Come on, man, out with it.

This is RELEVANT. Come on, man, out with it.

Joe, as far as I am concerned, you can huff and puff until the cows come home. In an earlier post, I said that I would study both cases carefully before I gave my opinion on the sentences passed on convicted paedophiles, Hall and Souter. I did exactly what I said I would do and expressed the opinion that, having carefully studied both cases, I agreed with the final sentences. And if that is not to your liking Joe, tough. The important point is that it is my opinion on the cases in question and any hypothetical situations you happen to come up with, will not change it.

That's because you are telling lies. If it was your daughter - would 15 months suffice? Nothing hypothetical about it. Just answer the question or shut up.

or could have written, "Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down".

That's because you are telling lies. ...........huff puff, huff puff, huff puff

Nothing hypothetical about it. Just answer the question or shut up.....huff puff, huff puff, huff puff

Not by the hairs on my chinny chin chin Joe. This house is made of brick :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's ok mate your cowardice is exposed. You are happy for someone elses kid to be molested and the culprit sentenced to 15 months but not your own.
What a fookin hypocrite. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's ok mate.

Joe, let's get one thing straight. I am not your mate! I am, like every other member of this forum, a complete stranger to you. And speaking about mates, from the amount of time you spend at your computer, I get the impression that you are a solitary, lonely person. Of course, I may be wrong, just as you were when you suggested that I tell lies.

your cowardice is exposed............huff puff, huff puff, huff puff

Joe. You are clutching at straws which dont even exist and your huffin' and puffin' is getting you absolutely nowhere fast.

To be perfectly honest, I think that the following quote sums up your mentality:
What a fookin hypocrite. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And Joe, you can have the last word :D

Sponsored Links
Back