Serial swan beheading fiend brought to justice.

Sponsored Links
Bloody fine... he should be on his way back to Turkey!

Why should beheading a swan be any different to slaughtering any other animal?

Sponsored Links

If it was an animal controlled under licence maybe but otherwise a pretty repugnant act, would you consider it the same as chopping a dog's head off?

Seriously, If I went round beheading cats (for example) I'd be locked up.

Why did this nobend get a fine.???? That's the difference.

Quoted from the article:

The Queen owns all Britain's Mute swans in a law saying[?] back to the twelfth century, when they were considered a delicacy.

Delicacy or not, I reckon if anyone on here had done this deed, they'd have been locked up.

Is it ok to behead other fowl birds like geese, pheasant? Or should these receive a prison sentence also? is it ok to behead poultry?

Are all swans pets? :confused:

Is it ok to behead other fowl birds like geese, pheasant? Or should these receive a prison sentence also? is it ok to behead poultry?

Got to agree with noseall .. it is just another bird and a quite lovely one .. although I don't agree with him killing it to me prison would not be justified

Got to agree with noseall .. it is just another bird and a quite lovely one .. although I don't agree with him killing it to me prison would not be justified

I agree, prison wouldn't be justified in this case. Why should we pay to feed and clothe/shelter this b.astard. Should be deported and let his country of birth pay for him. Our jails are already bursting at the seams with other countries criminals.

It's a good job we and our neighbours are not in UK.
We've killed pigeons, and eaten them, we kill chickens for the table, one of our other neighbours kills rabbits for the table (raised for the table) and if I had the time I'd catch, hunt, shoot our wild rabbits.
Our other neighbour has brought us some ducks and pheasants when he's had a good day's hunting.

I suspect the chasseurs are out today after foxes. Good job too 'cos quite a few of us have chickens.

Mind you this "poacher" was lucky, a hundred years ago, he would have been hanged and a few decades ago he would have been on a boat to Australia.

The method of killing is neither here no there, despite the Mail's description of "horrific beheading" and "cut off the head so it the body would fit in his bag" :rolleyes: . In fact, it's as good as any other when dealing with poultry, but wild animals are protected in UK.

This was just another story for the Mail to sell papers and unfortunately, it's given ammunition to those who are prepared to adopt any cause, however slight, for the purpose of furthering their own agenda.

What is clear, I think, is that this man killed a bird for the table. He didn't treat it particularly cruelly, he didn't intend to act in a cruel fashion. He simply despatched it quickly and humanely for the table and unfortunately fell foul, (or should that be "fowl" ;) ) of the "Killing a Wild Bird" law.
Indeed, if this was a poultry-keeper killing one of his geese or turkeys for the table there would have been no story and it would have been perfectly legitimate.

I suspect that this law was originally intended to deter the egg and wild bird collectors. The person concerned possibly does want to return to Turkey thinking that they're all completely bonkers in the UK. It's pobably the only country in the world where you're not allowed to catch your own dinner. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The prisons in France, and I suspect most countries, would be full of hunters, if there were a similar situation here. Additionally, most poultry, rabbits, etc would be off the menu and the growing of crops would be severly affected, because all the wild animals would be growing fat and lazy.
There might even be another revolution. ;)

Get real. There's a world of difference in being cruel to animals and killing them for food.

He's stealing the food from the very mouths of our romanian brothers. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, for people like this it should be an eye for an eye. I wouldn't think twice about separating his head from his shoulders. :evil:

A sad indication of a once almost civilised country going down the tubes a bit more every day.

Sponsored Links
Back