Serial swan beheading fiend brought to justice.

"When in rome" comes to mind here.

Sponsored Links
"When in rome" comes to mind here.
Whether he killed it humanely or not is irrelevant, he shouldn't have done it, its a crime. I'm more an eye for an eye person. Should chop this scumbags head of, put it in a bag and then deport the foooker.

I sometimes wonder why we bother with courts any more in this country. The papers are full of reports of lenient 'sentences' handed out for sometimes quite serious offences, and I'm not talking just about this swan beheading.

The police do what they can, on limited budgets, to catch these bug*ers and then the courts let them off scot free. So why bother to continue to waste money on the police and the judiciary?

That's one reason why everyone, be it from East Europe or Africa, wants to come to this country. The criminal elements know that they will be allowed to continue their criminal careers with absolute freedom compared to what they would be allowed to get away with in their own countries.

I've no issue with hunting, I've hunted under the general licence and have no issue with it at all.

A swan is not comparable to a pest species or a species reared for the table, in this country swans are a protected species that is the law of this land, I'm all for tolerance of culture, religion, etc, but that has to go both ways otherwise it's meaningless... matey swan killer knew he was breaking the law but carried on regardless; a visitor to my house who abuses my hospitality or disrespects my property is ejected on the end of my boot and not invited back that should be applied here or to any incomer who abuses our law, citizens or culture.

The sentence is too lenient, send the bugger back.

Sponsored Links
A swan is not comparable to a pest
Only because it is not a pest; nor is a cow.

or a species reared for the table,
Only because it is not reared for the table.

in this country swans are a protected species that is the law of this land,
Dating back to forbidding serfs from eating it.

Similar to the landowner owning the fish in waterways through his land - illogical.

I'm all for tolerance of culture, religion, etc, but that has to go both ways otherwise it's meaningless... matey swan killer knew he was breaking the law but carried on regardless; a visitor to my house who abuses my hospitality or disrespects my property is ejected on the end of my boot and not invited back that should be applied here or to any incomer who abuses our law, citizens or culture.
True.

I'm not trying to be contentious but there is a certain amount of hypocrisy and brain-washing results in the thread, not least the 'Daily Mail' thread heading from our local cat hater.

Swans look nice; turkeys are ugly.

If matey wanted to hunt for the table he can, providing he complies with our laws, I don't think that to be unreasonable and if it's large fowl he's after Canada Geese can be shot year round as a pest species.

What we have here is a blatant disregard for the law of the land, I believe facilitated by weak sentencing and a reluctance of the establishment to act in case they are accused of some sort of 'ism'; the lines are drawn and failure to police these lines just compounds the problems further.

A guy I know was caught using 3 fishing rods whilst only holding a double rod licence he got a £200 pound fine but then he was white and English so there were no 'cultural considerations.

I like swans and I think it will be a sad day when they are virtually extinct in this country, and, as an angler, the same goes for our coarse fish - failure to act against these highly disrespectful and sometimes illegal practices will result in the near eradication of the like of swans and coarse fish.

If matey wanted to hunt for the table he can, providing he complies with our laws, I don't think that to be unreasonable and if it's large fowl he's after Canada Geese can be shot year round as a pest species.
Except, of course, it would be cruel to hunt wild birds as large as geese with an air rifle because you're more likely to injure them than to killl them.

What we have here is a blatant disregard for the law of the land,
It did say in one of the reports that he was not aware that it was illegal. True, ignorance of the law is no defence and he was penalised accodingly.

A guy I know was caught using 3 fishing rods whilst only holding a double rod licence he got a £200 pound fine but then he was white and English so there were no 'cultural considerations.
Additionally, assuming he could read, he would have been fully aware that he was breaking the conditions of his licence.

I like swans and I think it will be a sad day when they are virtually extinct in this country,
Yes, it is true they are dying fom lead poisoning, from the anglers' left over rubbish.

and, as an angler,
I trust you don't leave your rubbish to poison the wild birds.

the same goes for our coarse fish - failure to act against these highly disrespectful and sometimes illegal practices will result in the near eradication of the like of swans and coarse fish.
Failure to act against anglers that leave rubbish to poison birds causes far greater distress and misery than one swan killed for the table.

From the RSPB website. "The population (of swans) in the UK has increased recently, perhaps due to better protection of this species. The problem of lead poisoning on lowland rivers has also largely been solved by a ban on the sale of lead fishing weights."

There's a lake bordering our land frequented by as many as 50-60 swans at times.
There's plenty of low lifes around who think it ok to table them. Mostly Europeans who don't want to comply with our laws.
Europeans like coathanger don't seem to understand the concept of them being protected and of course the property of the Queen.

The wind farm enthusiasts want to put a turbine on the hill above the lake but I think the swans flight path will prevent any such ideas.

I'm not trying to be contentious but there is a certain amount of hypocrisy and brain-washing results in the thread, not least the 'Daily Mail' thread heading from our local cat hater.

What difference does it make whether I like cats or not.???
I'll help you out...None. :rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is.....£110 fine, when caught, for killing swans makes it worthwhile doing.
What kind of lesson is that????

How many swans are there in turkey??? None. They've eaten them all. :D

This country's becoming a joke.

It's simple.

1) Break into someones house....Sentence of death...number of perpetrators???...NONE

2) Car crime.....Sentence of death...number of perpetrators???...NONE.

3) Robbing old ladies for the last ten quid in their purses......Sentence of death.....Number of perpetrators?? NONE.

Anyone see where I'm going with this.????

Sponsored Links
Back