Sharon Shoesmith

I

imamartian

...does anyone think this is right? the woman failed in her job, with the result that a young boy died in heinous circumstances. How on earth can she say she was sacked unfairly, and pay her hundreds of thousands of pounds in the process?

Sponsored Links
Not right in principle.
In law she was wrongly dismissed.

If "Ed " had looked into contractual law he could have avoided this and had her suspended then sacked.

Sponsored Links
she not guilty of killing baby p
her parents are and lets face it
it no win job
take action too soon and get people on back
take no action and kids dies and you have on your back

but look at football managers... a team gets relegated, and the manager gets sacked.... he didn't let any goals in, but he's making the decisions..

SS is directing her staff isn't she? Baby P's ordeal was a disgraceful lack of competence.... Her responsibility was a duty of care to society, and the buck stops with her, and she failed.... why pay her a millon pounds for her supposed suffering...???

Wrongful dismissal, on TV too.

The ones who need sacking are the advisors.

so you direct a panto, and the cast say the wrong words and turn up late.... does that mean you're doing your job right? useless, harmful woman.... should be ashamed of herself !

Bored of this story keep coming back up....same with Madeline Macann story - BORING!!!!

Shoesmith was a scapegoat, and rightly so, someones head had to roll, she's ultimately responsible for running the department that failed, but some EU law contradicts a UK law, now she's entitled to compensation.

The Maddy case, the UK police are using their resources to review evidence, the McCann family I see today have a book out about the matter. When will they stop cashing in, and if the child was ever found alive, wouldn't know her blood sucking parents after all this time, they would be strangers to her.

Another case, some guy has been banged up, but due to a EU right to family life, he's been let out, to care for his kids. He isn't in jail by accident, should have thought of the consequences to his kids before he did the crime.

Another one, someone robbed a bank in the '80's, and stole £7k, and got an excessive sentence, another one, someone bashed a granny up, he's aged mid 40's, judge says he will never get out of jail, but drive home drunk, mow people down and you get a years ban, and 4 years in jail.. It just doesn't add up, EU law and UK law cancelling each other out, and MP's deciding if and when they want to comply with either, as the prisoners allowed to vote scandal shows.

Shoesmith was never a scapegoat. She was in charge of the whole department. Have you ever heard the saying "the buck stops here."?
Well the truth is ,,,, the buck stopped at her door. Fairly and squarely.
She was in a position to intervene in the ineptitude of others, but did nothing. She deserved the sack,,,,, and the underlings below her who did nothing. Look at the whole case,,, who was guilty? Had this been a case with the H&S Executive, she'd have been hung out to dry.
The buck always stops somewhere. All she did was cover her own back, claiming she knew nothing about baby P
Sad that she will now claim millions in compensation. She should get f/all.

I would say this isn't about Shoesmith. I think she didn't do her job properly but it's about how authority is pushed in to making knee jerk decisions by meddling politicians. I hope somebody is sacked over this. It's a disgraceful waste of tax payers money.

You lot only read the sun for your information dont you

Socservices referred the case to the police 4 months before BP died they did Nothing!
Doctors failed to examine him even though they KNEW he was at risk they did Nothing!

Social workers often have 30~40 cases at a time and face huge criticism for taking children into care..GOVT GUIDELINES

Lots of children die every year at the hands of their parents why isn't every soc services director sacked

You are simplifying a very complex issue out of laziness or ignorance

You really have NO idea of the nature of these things and what its involved

Again you assume you know more than everyone else.
Cast assumptions around.
Ever seen social services in action?
I have seen both neglect and good work done. Same as in any profession really isnt it. Some good some bad.

I think most here have a grasp, even if you think otherwise.

Again you assume you know more than everyone else.
Cast assumptions around.
Ever seen social services in action?
I have seen both neglect and good work done. Same as in any profession really isnt it. Some good some bad.

I think most here have a grasp, even if you think otherwise.

I have seen social services in action for the past 20 years on a professional basis.

When people start shouting out about it being one agencies fault when clearly the Police and the Health Services were equally if not MORE culpable then I must assume a level of hsyteria and lack of familiarity with the facts and the process in such cases.

No social services department is perfect but staff are Massively under resourced dealing with an ever increasing caseload under intense scrutiny
by the tabloids and the bear baiting public

What a lot of people also fail to realise is that these people (BPs family..if you can call them that) went out of their way to COVER up what they did, they were very cunning when they spoke to social services and to the health professionals about what was going on.

No one EVER mentions all thousands of children they may have saved from a similar fate

I know lets sack a chief of pilice everytime a murder remains unsolved or sack a teacher everytime a kid fails an exam

Hsyterical public opinion = Balls up .....oh yeah thats what we got

Mickymoody..how can you write this carp..

The Maddy case, the UK police are using their resources to review evidence, the McCann family I see today have a book out about the matter. When will they stop cashing in, and if the child was ever found alive, wouldn't know her blood sucking parents after all this time, they would be strangers to her.

If you did bother to read into why she is selling the book its not because they are "cashing in" its to fund the ongoing pursuit of maddy and there is no profit in it...why are they bloodsuckers? and would they be strangers nobody can say for sure but they are not giving up on her.........................jeez they are going through hell but isnt it easy to criticise?

Sponsored Links
Back