Sharon Shoesmith

Based on that ignorant logic

The cheif of police should resign over the G20 killing or any unlawful killing there have been a few lately
The director of every hospital should resign every time a patient dies of MRSA due to poor cleaning practices, neglect or bad practise

The govenor of every prison should resign every time a prisoner is found dead in their cell either through suicide or killed by another prisoner

Every MP who claimed ANY amount of extra expenses should have resigned and been prosecuted

The list goes on and on, army chiefs when a recruit dies, did anyone get the sack when those soldiers were shot dead in their own barracks

Who knows what sort of defence shoesmith might have put up

Do you have ALL the facts.......no you don't

^^^^That's ignorant logic :eek:

It all depends on individual circumstances in each case.

G20 - rogue officer flips - CC not culpable IMO. Systemic culture of permitting heavy-handed tactics - relevant heads oughtta roll.

MRSA due to crap cleaning - seems more systemic to me - again, those "managing" the failing system are accountable and yes, that may go all the way up to the Chief Exec.

And so on.

A couple of the later posts had it right - she was on a very large salary; there was necessarily a large amount of responsibility attached to that, or ought to have been.....unless she was a very well-paid expenses signatory :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Yes it depends on individual circumstances but we never got a chance to find out did we?

I wonder why people have it in for social services who actually try to help people and actually DO help Thousands yet are happy to ignore the blatant repeated failings of other professions

Funny old world

I find myself agreeing with that other extra-terrestrial feline on quite a few points. Social work can be difficult and potentially dangerous.

Think about it. You've been sent to a house inhabited by scum - though you aren't allowed to use that word - and you need to examine their baby. You don't know how they'll react. It's quite likely that they resent your presence so they could turn nasty at the drop of a hat. :!: :!: :!: You're torn between doing your best for the unfortunate baby and getting out in one piece. Maybe the doctor who failed to spot a broken spine faced the same dilemma.

To make things worse, there is a deep rooted assumption that birth parents should, whenever possible, be made to keep their children, even when it's obvious that they're incapable of caring for them properly and might not even want them at all. As I said in a different, unrelated thread there are those who regard children not so much a gift from God as a penance! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

to all those who say she should be sacked then
also head police in the case should be as they where aware
so should head local nhs as they failed the baby as well
buck should stop with her but how is agency going to learn from things
if you sack them after a major mistake as the next one is not going to know all personalty infolded and have start a fresh
i think this dission may made the situation worse

Sponsored Links
Let's sack everyone. the whole country, right down to the last worker. This way industry, the building trade, police social services, local councils, pubs, restaurants, cafe's shops, businesses etc can all move forwards without worrying about baby p and who was ultimately to blame . ;) ;)

she was happy to accept the role of "head of Childrens services" (with a huge salary), but didn't want to get sacked when children were being destroyed..

can you imagine Alex Furguson keeping his job if Man U got relegated !!!!

If he had no money for top players and they were relegated - then who's fault would that be?

^^^you'd think someone on that sort of bunce would have the sense to cover their arse on that one - "I am expected to do x, when you're oly providing y to do it with?" - and keep records of it - she clearly wasn't that bright....or she was carp at her job....

she was happy to accept the role of "head of Childrens services" (with a huge salary), but didn't want to get sacked when children were being destroyed..

!!

What Hysterical SUN tabloid nonsense

A CHILD was killed by its conniving, duplicitous parents/carers NOT CHILDREN

what about the hundreds of children saved from neglect or abuse social services save every year?

This was a multi agency issue yet 2 agencies seem to have gotten off scot free soc servs have NO jurisdiction over either of them police or NHS

Really its a wonder anyone does the job of child protection when idiots do a knee jerk reaction when things go wrong which can happen in ANY profession

!!

What Hysterical SUN tabloid nonsense

A CHILD was killed by its conniving, duplicitous parents/carers NOT CHILDREN

what about the hundreds of children saved from neglect or abuse social services save every year?

This was a multi agency issue yet 2 agencies seem to have gotten off scot free soc servs have NO jurisdiction over either of them police or NHS

Really its a wonder anyone does the job of child protection when idiots do a knee jerk reaction when things go wrong which can happen in ANY profession

It seems people are more hung up about her salary than the truth.

BTW her replacement is on about 300k so she was actually pretty cheap at 130k

Idiot politicians responding to idiot media creating idiotic decisions laughable

£133,000 PA? That's what Fergerson earns a week. The department as a whole is underfunded. Shortage of staff and resources

Dont waste your breath some people have NO idea of what a job like that entails its pointless trying to explain it

Personally I would rather pay someone 130k per week to do her job than some multi million banker plus bonuses to wreck the country and put it in debt

^^^^never considered the option of actually reading the job description before signing up for the very healthy salary? I'd have thought any half-wit would have done - or is it the old "promote to the level of one's incompetence" situation, again?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - can we go through the archives and find all of the "bankers are ruining it - it is built on sand!" post from, say, 2005? I doubt there were many, if any.[/i]

Can you tell us what the job description says then seeing as you have read it?

Can you tell us the person specification to do the job seeing as you have read it?

Can you explain the details and requirements of social services for the protection of children and what their remits are and multi agency working practise

Sponsored Links
Back