Sharon Shoesmith

^^^^never considered the option of actually reading the job description before signing up for the very healthy salary? I'd have thought any half-wit would have done - or is it the old "promote to the level of one's incompetence" situation, again?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - can we go through the archives and find all of the "bankers are ruining it - it is built on sand!" post from, say, 2005? I doubt there were many, if any.[/i]

Everyone knew it was a bubble that would burst - it was just a matter of when. Thanks Gordie.

Sponsored Links
Of course I haven't seen the job description - but I stand by the statement, and it's intended meaning - what exactly was she being paid for, and what was she responsible for?

"Underfunded" and "understaffed" may well have been valid reasons, but not acceptable mitigation for the person who was in overall charge, the person who was paid to run the entire show.

http://www.communitycare.co.uk/Arti...ndictment-of-child-protection-in-haringey.htm

Was she also not to some degree responsible for the lack of management supervision, the shoddy systems, the failure to act upon identified failings?

I'm not witch-hunting her, just making the counter-point to her "vindicated" stance which in reality was a successful claim against the manner of her dismissal; the dismissal itself may well have been entirely justified.

Let's not forget, a child was murdered (not by Childrens' Services, by the conniving, evil scum parents). But CS (and other agencies) were very aware of the child, and despite dozens of chances to intervene, failed to do so effectively. Peter paid for their failings with his life.

The kid was killed by his parent. That's where the blame ends.

@ brigadier

Funny how just a few months earlier her dpmt got a good review

As head of soc servs she has NO jurisdiction over the police or health

3 agencies were involved ALL were responsible ONE was blamed

The only way to learn is from review not politically motivated sackings

She had 30+ years without complaint now she is cruella de ville

people have no idea no idea how these cases play out in reality and the pressures on staff involved

Tabloid reports lead to tabloid thinking the truth gets lost

Shoesmith might well have been at fault but so EQUALLY were the police and the nhs
She got hung out to dry without even the chance to make a case THEY did not

Now we will likely never know the facts, well done the SUN and ED Balls

Sponsored Links
@spacecat

I am not disagreeing about Police / NHS / Ofsted. Plenty there to investigate.

But I was sticking to the thread topic - Sharon Shoesmith.

I am only interested in what she was paid to do, and whether she did it, or not - that may be the way to work towards preventing this happening again.

We will probably never no, thanks to the almighty balls up
I'm not saying she wasn't in the wrong but how can we ever find out if there is no hearing

Balls should be sacked

Just bring back hanging for child abuse - sorted.

We will probably never no, thanks to the almighty balls up
I'm not saying she wasn't in the wrong but how can we ever find out if there is no hearing

Balls should be sacked
i agree and so did most of the country thats why we got conserative libral collation

rubbish... the c**t that killed baby P wasn't his dad.... plus, a potentially dangerous family unit were being given a chance, in the hands of social services - but they missed too many signs of risk and violent abuse... individual social service carers should harm themselves, and SS should think herself lucky and refuse to take any compensation......

rubbish... the c**t that killed baby P wasn't his dad.... plus, a potentially dangerous family unit were being given a chance, in the hands of social services - but they missed too many signs of risk and violent abuse... individual social service carers should harm themselves, and SS should think herself lucky and refuse to take any compensation......

At the end of the day the parents killed that baby, the parents were lying scumbags, that knew how to work the system. IF the baby had injuries, then it was upto the Doctor, to decide that, he didn't, so he is to blame. The SS did what they could, but not enough, the Doctor was incompetent, the parents lied, and had no care over their child, when the agencies did what they could. Effectively, Shoestrung, should be shue strung from a high beam, as the department was under her control, and she had no control. It's for social workers to understand what they are doing, they didn't know what they were doing, under the control of Shoestring. A scapegoat must be chosen, and its Shoestring. Not her underlings, that are working their arses off. Why is this case keeps popping up, when there are far worse issues going on I don't know?

"far worse issues"... than a baby being abused, and tortured to his death !!!??? f**k me you must lead a tough existence !!!!

What about the police who actually are supposed to prosecute and investigate they didnt bother to do anything for 4 MONTHS after being informed by soc servs

the thing is that a doctor looked at this child on different occasions and could not find anything wrong with him ( quoted by a certain tabloid ) although he had broken bones and bruising, and as for ss,i wish she'd take that smug grin off her face,she may have been made a scape goat,but somebodys head had to roll, she may of won her court case, now she should donate any money to the NSFTPOC.

Sponsored Links
Back