Sharp cut end of metal conduit and cable coming out, help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone tell me what to do or use, a builder has cut the conduit coming out of the concrete floor at floor level in my neighbours place, so now these cables come out of the sharp edged conduit up to a socket in a stud wall.

Is there anything you can slip over the end of the conduit or what would you do?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What type of cable is in the conduit, if it's singles you'll have to either extend the conduit, or replace the cable with T&E, or something else with two layers of insulation.

How much room is there around where the conduit comes up - if it's enough, you'll have to chisel out some of the concrete around it, and get a conduit threader, thread the end, and then either put a coupler on and extend it, or something such as http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CO20FBB.html if the cables are double insulated (it will just remove the sharp edges)...

Cheers for the answer but the conduit is virtually flush with the concrete but I suppose we could chisel some away, but then how could you get a threader on there to thread it, ie the surrounding concrete would be in the way wouldn't it?

Also I spoke to a friend who used to work with an electrician sometimes as his mate and he said there was something they used to get which you could tap on to the end of the conduit with a mallet and then it would not come off unless you tried to unscrew it, sounds similar to the plumbing fittings which can only be taken off in a certain way if you know what I mean.

Do you know of anything like this, I have searched on the net and cannot find anything?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back