Shed Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

First things first, I dont know an awful lot about plumbing. Im looking for an easy and cost effective way to heat my shed/workshop in the winter and wondered if this would work. Also I like to build things (dont we all) and have things that are a bit one off.

Basically I was thinking of putting a radiator inside the shed, running copper pipe outside to a solid fuel stove/chimnea, coiling the pipe around the inside of said chimnea and up the chimney, back into shed, then back to the radiator. I know I will need an expansion tank of some sort in the system.

Would the natural heating of the water be enough to push it round the system? Any problems I may have with a system like this?

Sponsored Links
I assume the sf stove is already inside the shed providing heat?

Or is it your next door neighbours flue pipe? :mrgreen:

Ha. Sorry about that. The stove is outside being used as a patio heater.

I didnt want to lose space inside the shed or I would have put one in there. The shed is wooden btw which I have build from scratch, not a garden centre 5 minute job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back