Shiplap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is on the right part of the forum. Apologies if it isn't.

We have been renovating a garage recently and are fitting (already bought) upvc shiplap above the doors so that it looks as it did before.

We have read that you can 'invisibly' fix shiplap but can't find out how to!

Does anyone know?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
It seems that you use a different type of 'nail' but the next problem is where exactly you put it!

Any help gratefully received.

Blimey, advanced technology, fix the nails at the top of the planks so that they are hidden by the 'lap' of the plank above. How could you not grasp that? Or use invisible nails.

Don't be unkind, women have problems with visual and logical problems.
Sorry Suzy.

Sponsored Links
You pair of cheeky toads!

I was actually asking for my husband!

Last year we built a patio from scratch and having renovated our home over the last few years, we have a pretty decent idea of many jobs but not this one.

He had more or less figured out how to do it but just wanted to check if he was missing something obvious or a really easy way to do it.

I thought people on here were friendly and helpful - I must have been mistaken!

Suzy
can't believe people on here are so rude!
everythings easy when you are an 'expert' (and sarcasm is the lowest form of 'wit')
Anyway, hopefully you're clear now. If not I would be happy to help.
Charlie.

Suzy, take no notice of the two sarky barks.

Secret nailing is when you hide the nails with the next overlapping piece of material. Gluing is always an option using a quick setting adhesive such as Pink Grip. Maybe use a combo of the two.

You can buy nails that have a white plastic head that are not so obvious

like these

http://www.wickes.co.uk/PVCu-Fascia-Fixing-Nail/invt/162641

If you use these make sure you put them in straight lines as it looks so much neater.

if it's UPVC shiplap, doesn't it have an interlocking lip that sort of clip together?

Was not being sarcy, just stating proven fact. Like to stick with the facts.
So Suzy hows your budgie?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back