Shop Door Entry systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I'm wanting to set up a door entry system for our shop. We have two entrances which would need to be detected by either some form of contact/magnetic switch or by an interrupted beam switch. I would like either of these doors to set off 2/3 fixed sounders and one portable (wireless) one. The system as a whole could be wired or wireless (though I would like that one portable buzzer/bell).

Does anyone know where I can get stuff like this? Have been searching Google but must be using wrong search terms or something!

Cheers people.

EDIT: Forgot to add... this is for notifying us of when customers enter the shop building.. It is NOT a security alarm system. Cheers!

EDIT 2!: Ideally the whole system would be wireless in terms of transmittting the switched signal, but all but one of the speakers would be mains powered.

Sponsored Links
Have you already got an Intruder alarm? I have a Galaxy system which can be set to "chime" (=bleep) when a door is opened, I have it set to chime when back or garage door is opened as they are out of sight (this bleeps during the day, when alarm is not set).

No, currently we don't have an alarm system. Can you recommend any that are that customisable? I.e having multiple switchable alert speakers? If I was going to get the full alarm system too I would want it all wireless really as the shop area is pretty big. Who are the reliable manufacturers? We had a cheap one a few years ago and the batteries on all the detectors hardly lasted a month! It would make sense to have the detectors on the two entrances mains-powered because they are opening & closing all the time all day long.

Sponsored Links
don't think you really mean mains powered.

dont touch radio with a barge pole.

you wont get exactly what you are looking for with an intruder alarm, they are primairly to detect intruders not anunciation,

just waht you need clicky

run it from a power supply (they list those in the FAQ), set each for a diffent tone, and you can have the door open or closed and they will still work

I wouldn't use an alarm system for the use you mention in a shop.

Sure you can set door contacts as entry points and add a chime feature but only if those doors are set as entry/exit.
This would then compromise security if the system is used as alarm as I always try to have only one entry exit as those zones are on a delay. Having all your entry points on a delay is an unecessary security risk.

These probably better as more chimes can be added to each sensor

http://doorchimesuk.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=355

Sure you can set door contacts as entry points and add a chime feature but only if those doors are set as entry/exit.
Wrong information, most Zones are selectable as Chime on most alarm control panels, but of course you would not know this as you have only used XXXX equipment.

The problem using door contacts for chime is when the door is left open during the hot weather - No Chime!

Whoops, missed that, same problem with your example, door open - No Chime

Wrong information, most Zones are selectable as Chime on most alarm control panels, but of course you would not know this as you have only used XXXX equipment.

The problem using door contacts for chime is when the door is left open during the hot weather - No Chime!

Whoops, missed that, same problem with your example, door open - No Chime
I did actaully point out that alarm chimes were unworkable and offered a suggestion of a dedicated unit (with link) instead.

been a while since the original poster asked the question

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:33 pm Post Subject: Shop Door Entry systems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back