Should kitchen hob be bolted in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am just replacing our kitchen electric hob with a new Samsung C61R2AEE.

The hob I have removed was bolted securely in to the work surface with two brackets from below, but this new unit does not appear to bolt in place. There are two rails that are secured to either side of the hole in the work surface and the hob has two lugs each side which slot in to the rails. However the hob appears to just sit on the brackets rather than being bolted in securely.

Is this normal for new modern hobs. I guess it is heavy enough not to move and could just be lifted out to clean under if required, but should I seal around the outer edge (above the work surface) with clear sealant or something (the manual seems to advise against this).

Thank you for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Didn't it come with an installation guide/user manual?

Hi, yes it did come with an installation guide and I have installed exactly as per the instructions. However, as I mentioned, it simply sits on the support rails rather than being more securily bolted in like the previous model. I just wondered if all hobs were like this nowdays as I would have expected it to have been more securily fixed. Anyway, it is all in and working

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have not seen any new hobs that are supposed to be bolted in place. As long as you followed the installation instructions everything should be fine. Don't use silicone on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back