Should news presenters appear on TV wearing the hijab?

As above

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sponsored Links
In view of what we have discovered, perhaps DRM could amend the thread title to:

"Should news presenters appear on TV wearing a headscarf?"
Or even: "Should news presenters go incognito?"
DRM has no problem with that. It would seem to satisfy his rather weird requirements.

Oh silly me. If they were interviewing someone, we wouldn't know which was which.
I think the Job description might be a little disconcerting:
Wanted: News Presenter, must be prepared to go incognito to unforeseeable events.

Sponsored Links
We are not discussing burkas yet, but it is only a matter of time before we are all watching someone in a burka reading the news on TV.

This is why we need more people like Pat to ridicule these ridiculous garments out of existence.

Deep down all Islamists must realise how ridiculous their beliefs are and this is why they get so agitated over the silliest things.

Deep down all Islamists must realise how ridiculous their beliefs are and this is why they get so agitated over the silliest things.
Is it just a strength of faith thing? The more someone's faith means to them, the more they'll be offended. We look (on a whole) from a country that now shrugs and thinks 'whatever' over religion so we don't really relate with why people get so offended over silly things.
Oh, and am not saying that's a bad thing btw! I like that the UK isn't uber religious.

........... this is why they get so agitated over the silliest things.
What? Like being upset about people wearing headscarves?

BTW, the Head of State is still the Head of the Church.

Is it just a strength of faith thing? The more someone's faith means to them, the more they'll be offended. We look (on a whole) from a country that now shrugs and thinks 'whatever' over religion so we don't really relate with why people get so offended over silly things.
Oh, and am not saying that's a bad thing btw! I like that the UK isn't uber religious.

If they have a strong faith, any criticisms would be like water off a ducks back regardless of what country they are from.

The videos of Pat Condell should be part of the school curriculum.

........... this is why they get so agitated over the silliest things.
What? Like being upset about people wearing headscarves?
There are different levels of agitation.
I would class mine as very mild form,
I would suggest your form of agitation is the same class as others you mention.
Both incidents misrepresented to suit your political agenda.
Even the DM had a different slant on the one incident, and that's not like them to miss an opportunity.

You then post videos of a vehement racist, suggesting that children should be indoctrinated by him.
And you reckon you're suffering from a mild form of agitation. You're having a laugh.

It would be a vast improvement on the way that they are being indoctrinated now.

He speaks the truth and some religions cannot handle the truth!

If they have a strong faith, any criticisms would be like water off a ducks back regardless of what country they are from.
Maybe and probably should be water off a ducks back - in an ideal world. But then if it were an ideal world, we'd not be having this conversation!

Maybe and probably should be water off a ducks back - in an ideal world. But then if it were an ideal world, we'd not be having this conversation!

If it was an ideal world, we wouldn't have Islam!

Sponsored Links
Back