Should UK have sued EU?

Sponsored Links
I have a feeling it may end up being the other way around...

A nation should not be allowed to get away with walking away from it's obligations!

Obligations it agreed to, helped format, and would hold any other nation to if the situation were reversed!

I have a feeling it may end up being the other way around...

A nation should not be allowed to get away with walking away from it's obligations!

Obligations it agreed to, helped format, and would hold any other nation to if the situation were reversed!

What obligations?

President Blimp has spent several minutes studying Brexit, and believes what he sees on Fox news. He is also a self-regarding ignoramus who likes getting into arguments and hates foreigners.

You might as well take advice on sex and marriage from a Catholic priest.

Sponsored Links
What obligations?
Do we really have to go there again and prove your ignorance yet another time?

But then I guess you think you can walk into a bank and say, "you know that mortgage I took out...Well I've decided not to pay it back, even though I signed up for it"

You have that choice of course, but any default means that you become the difficult old sod that no-one can be bothered to deal with...

Which in your case is a rather apt analogy (y)

But then I guess you think you can walk into a bank and say, "you know that mortgage I took out...Well I've decided not to pay it back, even though I signed up for it"

You have that choice of course, but any default means that you become the difficult old sod that no-one can be bothered to deal with...

Ah ok, so you dont know then.

What obligations has the UK refused to pay for exactly ?.............. Junckers bar bill perhaps

Mortgages finish, you know.
Does yours not?

Well its true the UK has committed to various projects throughout the EU. I dont however agree that the UK despite paying into the EU is now barred from any decision making and is exluded from EU meetings. We are still a member state until march next year. So in terms of the mortgage anaolgy, we continue to pay the mortgage but are not allowed to live in the house. That's surely not right.

We are, as stated in Article 50, barred from being part of the EU side in the EU:UK Brexit discussions.

Are you suggesting the UK MEPs and ministers are prevented from participating in the rest of EU business?

Mortgages finish, you know.
Does yours not?
I believe our European 'mortgage' would end around about 2064...
Until then we either keep paying in line with the terms agreed or default!
There is a precedent - I believe we finally paid the US back for WWII 60 years after the war ended.
(So we have an idea of the 'deal' we'll get from our 'special relationship'!)

But we still need to borrow money to stay afloat.
However by defaulting, the new 'mortgage' would have higher rates attached!
So we keep on coughing up to the EU (thus paying out whilst going backwards), or suffer yet another penalty.

Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving!

Article 50 works both ways - Our financial obligations following notice to quit at the end of the period are exactly and precisely zero, unless both the UK and EU enter a new deal to the contrary. If anyone disagrees - please post the contract so we may read it. If there is any precedent from the UK:US:Canada war debt, its that loads must be repaid, that would include Loans the EU has made and the UK's share of the interest and capital.

Any 6th form law student knows the difference between a contract and a promise.

Article 50 works both ways - Our financial obligations following notice to quit at the end of the period are exactly and precisely zero, unless both the UK and EU enter a new deal to the contrary. If anyone disagrees - please post the contract so we may read it. If there is any precedent from the UK:US:Canada war debt, its that loads must be repaid, that would include Loans the EU has made and the UK's share of the interest and capital.

Any 6th form law student knows the difference between a contract and a promise.

Indeed the value of the loans made each way must be added up and distributed accordingly - I believe the current figure/liability is £39bn.

But fine, we could (according to you) just walk away...
However would you then lend more money to someone who has an obligation to pay?

Any primary school pupil would give you the correct answer!

Where is our obligation to pay? We have an open ended, subscription to the EU for an annual fee with a break clause.

Its like an infinite subscription to Netflix with a 2 month cancellation option.

I believe our European 'mortgage' would end around about 2064...
Until then we either keep paying in line with the terms agreed or default!
There is a precedent - I believe we finally paid the US back for WWII 60 years after the war ended.
(So we have an idea of the 'deal' we'll get from our 'special relationship'!)

But we still need to borrow money to stay afloat.
However by defaulting, the new 'mortgage' would have higher rates attached!
So we keep on coughing up to the EU (thus paying out whilst going backwards), or suffer yet another penalty.

Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving!
I believe Tommy Robinson gave sound advice on mortgages, 'Don't get caught' .

Sponsored Links
Back