Shower extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm just about to buy a shower extractor fan. It will be in the loft and ducted through the wall to outside.

I'm thinking about electrical safety, including not mixing electric and moisture.

Should the fan be in the shower ceiling, or halfway along the ducting?

Can anyone recommend a fan please?

Cheers, Camerart.

Sponsored Links
The in-line fans are fitted in the loft with only an air intake in the bathroom ceiling, so there's no possibility of lekky and wetty mixing.

Fan choice can vary depends also on the size of the bathroom!
These are great fans, this is the largest, click on the picture for a link.

there is a slightly smaller one too

The in-line fans are fitted in the loft with only an air intake in the bathroom ceiling, so there's no possibility of lekky and wetty mixing.

Hi T,
Looks good, is this what is normally installed?
C.

Sponsored Links
Looks good, is this what is normally installed?
It depends on what you call 'normally'

Normally I install fans that work effectively. In my opinion this is an effective fan. So normally I use these, then I dont get hassle from customers.

But then again, some people normally buy the cheapest fan that they can find and wonder why the bathroom is always full of steam.

It depends on what you call 'normally'

Normally I install fans that work effectively. In my opinion this is an effective fan. So normally I use these, then I dont get hassle from customers.

But then again, some people normally buy the cheapest fan that they can find and wonder why the bathroom is always full of steam.
Hi T,
Ok, it's at the top of my list, thanks.
C.

Hi T,
Ordered!
Thanks all for your help.
C.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back