Shower Isolator tips.

Come to think of it, I never isolate at the pullcord between showers either. Perhaps some people just can't sleep knowing the neon (if they have one) is constantly burning? ;)

Sponsored Links
ah there you go then...
Fair enough, so let's move on.

I never flick the switch on the sockets where the following are plugged in or connected via an FCU:

TV
DVD recorder
Washing machine
Tumble drier
Dishwasher
Kettle
Spurred sockets in the office
Stereo
Cooker

Am I extraordinarily unusual?

Where does the desire to work the shower isolator all the time come from?

I never flick the switch on the sockets where the following are plugged in or connected via an FCU:

TV
DVD recorder
Washing machine
Tumble drier
Dishwasher
Kettle
Stereo
Cooker

Do you?

Sponsored Links
I certainly don't, nor do I ever switch my shower isolator (which is fixed in a cupboard on the landing!).

TV
DVD recorder
Washing machine
Tumble drier
Dishwasher
Kettle
Stereo
Cooker

Do you?

you don't seem to be moving on though, you keep asking the same question.... :)

I currently don't have... DVD recorder, tumble dryer, office to put sockets into, stereo or cooker ( no kitchen at all in fact.. )..

I don't however turn the sockets off to anything that I consider to be semi-fixed equipment such as the TV, DVD player, sky box, cable modem, router, microwave, fridge, kettle, PS3, laptop... and so on..

you don't seem to be moving on though, you keep asking the same question.... :)
Only because you thought it acceptable to interject and not answer the question.

So to everyone else concerned with the duty cycle of a DIN rail mount DP switch, where does the desire to work the shower isolator all the time come from?

So to everyone else concerned with the duty cycle of a DIN rail mount DP switch, where does the desire to work the shower isolator all the time come from?

You'd have to ask the householder that. Although the duty of the switch would concern me, that's not because of the fact that I operate the shower isolator on a regular basis, but because you don't know who else will use it in the future. I have noticed that some other family members do turn off at the DP isolator pullcord every time, for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back