Shower issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am a property manager with a lettings company and have an issue with a shower in a property. I hope someone can help.

The landlady has informed me that the current shower is an impeller driven venturi system. She said that the particular shower is not in manufacture anymore so we cannot gets parts for it.

The tenant is complaining that the water pressure is pathetic.

Would it be possible to replace it with another venturi shower? (there is no gas at the property only electric and an electric shower is not easily possible due to the location of the fuse box)

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Yes it could be replaced by another venturi shower. The confusing bit is the 'impeller driven' comment. Is there a pump driving the cold water?

A venturi system would usually use cold mains pressure to draw the hot water from a vented gravity fed HW Cylinder.

If water pressure is pathetic then there could be another issue if the cold is pump driven, I'd be looking there 1st.

Isn't the 'impeller driven' description simply referring to the cold using an impeller within the shower body to draw the hold through?

It does seem at odds with the use of 'venturi' in the same line!

Sponsored Links
As far as understand, a venturi shower doesn't use any moving parts at the mixing site, it's at the venturi where the cold creates a draw (vacuum) on the hot pipe, it can also draw in air but no moving parts as far as I'm aware.

Unless it's one of those heads that has an a impeller that draws in air, aerates it and making it seem more powerful? That's not the shower though, just the head that should be easily replaced.

OP, I think you need to get an experienced plumber in to look at the shower, establish exactly what's there and why and recommend a suitable replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back