Shower keeps tripping the fusebox

You probably wouldn't like full mains flow and pressure pointed at you - i.e. a hose pipe.
Quite so - and you might not even be all that keen on have 'full flow pointed at you' if it were under 'gravity pressure' from a loft tank. This is why, contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, pressure is really not the most important factor.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
The Crabtree Shower Switch
Not sure if these pics will shine any light

_20190302_112944.JPG _20190302_112920.JPG

Attachments

• _20190302_112920.JPG
    _20190302_112920.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 198
  • _20190302_112944.JPG
    _20190302_112944.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 205
Sponsored Links
Just been up and the cabling to me looks sound. Checked it all the way from shower to isolator to supply cable. No kinks, breaks, scorch marks. I'm at a loss. Maybe it is tje fuse box. Maybe the cable from shower to isolator needs replacing. Looks like i need the electrician to return

Just had a thought. I checked the cable by looking at it, I'm definitely no expert as you all know.
The shower used to trip a lot, could this have damaged the cable in a way I could not see?
The only positive to come from this is the cabling is easily accessible to replace if necessary.

Just had a thought. I checked the cable by looking at it, I'm definitely no expert as you all know.
The shower used to trip a lot, could this have damaged the cable in a way I could not see?
Not unless cable is too small, then it might become damaged.

The shower doesn't trip. The MCB does; it might be faulty.

I might have missed it but have you ruled out a faulty shower?

Faulty shower was ruled out at it was tested by electrician and was brand new too.
My consumer unit is very old so my next thought is either the 40A MCB is iffy or the whole unit is. It's very old - can't see anything similar on the internet so probably can't get a replacement MCB.
The strange thing is how the replacing the isolator switch was ok for about 3 weeks and now it's back to square one which is why I thought maybe the cable from the shower to the isolator switch is the issue.
Everything was ok before we had central heating installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back