Shower Pump Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently plumbed in a 3 bar shower pump. Everything is working fine except that when I initially turn on the shower (and hence the pump starts) the lights on the upstairs of my property flicker for a very brief period of time.

I have wired the pump into the lighting circuit, using an isolation switch that also serves my outdoor security lighting. Although this has been wired in for a few days I believe the pump worked fine (without the flickering) until I accidentally kicked the gang box off the wall (oops). I have made sure that all wires are still properly connected to the switch. Is it possible that the switch itself may have been damaged or is it more likely that it's a problem wiring it into a lighting circuit?

Yours,

Jack

Sponsored Links
lighting circuits are for lights, wire it via a 2.5 twin & earth into the sockets

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back