Shower wires burning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When our electric shower is turned on there is a buzzing noise which comes from our fuse box. I have just taken the cover off the fuse box and checked all of the wires and ensured they looked right and were not loose, they were all fine. I then took the front of the shower and the red live wire which connects to the shower from the fuse box has shown signs of burning! Why would this of happened and what do i need to do to fix this? I have already disconnected the shower

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It is because the muppet who installed it did not do the terminations up tight enough.

You'll need to cut the cable back to bright copper and reconnect, probably in a new termination block. If you don't it will happen again.
Also, check any other terminations on that circuit to check they are also tight enough. eg isolation switches…….

Ha that was the old man brilliant il get the termination block and sort the wires out cheers for your quick reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back