siemens RDH10RF problems possibly my mistake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just installed an RDH10RF

for the live supply to the receiver i thought i would be clever and take the live from the CH ON ,from my programmer. i thought that this would be ok, so that the receiver would only come on when the CH is timed on. i linked terminals L and Common so that when called for , the live would also be switched onto the pump.

however, this is my issue

when i now turn on the CH or it comes on timer, the receiver fires up and does not seem to pick the transmitter signal up. so even if the transmitter is calling for heat, the receiver does not see this. The light on the receiver flashes Red and then goes off. in order to get the heating to come on and to activate the receiver i have to turn the Setpoint down on the transmitter,and then turn it up again so that it begins to call for heat again. After this, the receiver flashes green and then goes solid green. the heating will then come on.

is this bad communication, or does the receiver need a permanenet live feed, even if the heating is turned manually off for the summer etc....that would mean that all summer the receiver would be switching the relay for no point.

Sponsored Links
You need a permenant live to the receiver not a switched live from CH on. To keep transmitter and receiver paired

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back