Siemens RDJ10-RF Energy Saving mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking for some guidance on using the above thermostat. We are a bit confused about the sun and moon mode and wanted to check that we're on the right track. From previous postings on here it is my understanding that the Sun mode is the temp the house will be kept at when in ON and the moon mode is the temp the house will be kept at when OFF (i.e. at when not in auto on times).

So, because of above we've set the moon mode to 15 as we have a baby and don't want the room to get too cold. Sorry if this is a dull question but what I want to know is how does this work? I get it that the boiler comes on when the temp dips below 15 but does it then switch back off when it gets to the required temp or does it just say on that temperature the whole time meaning the boiler is on all night?

Hope this makes sense?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
As soon as the room temperature drops below 15 it will fire up the heating and shut it off once 15 is achieved. It will just fire up the boiler from time to time to maintain 15 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back